Extremely Lucky. I should quit for the year now!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Extremely Lucky. I should quit for the year now!

Post by olds442jetaway »

Plus for a while I tempted fate by short coining as well.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:46 am
Plus for a while I tempted fate by short coining as well.
Is this supposed to make sense to me?

If you wanted to bet less than $5, couldn't you have changed denomination to quarters? Then you would have qualified for the full royal payout.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

$1,300 in premium hands. I assume that still created a -$500 trip after your lengthy stay. It's just not worth it. "Experience more benefits" is their tag line underneath the hand. If you win late. Otherwise, it's "Experience the bust." Like I surmised elsewhere, the best trip is a short play trip. If you're ahead, you stay ahead. If behind, you don't double or nothing your way into a bust. I simply cannot have a bad day tomorrow. I'll attempt some machines at Harrah's before a Borgata run and hope I survive. Market has wiped out fifty days of gains this week; investors are furious.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I told my brother 2 months ago that his Harvard educated financial advisors were full of crap. 2 percent inflation yeah right. Price any building materials lately and on and on. Market is over valued by more than 100 percent. That doesn't go on forever. And I knew the Fed was lying to us about not raising interest rates. Ok enough about that.
As to short coining, I was having a brain drain for a monent and thought I was still playing the 800 for bet one dollar machine. I realized before it was too late I didn’t have it set for spin poker which is the only setting they pay the Royal correctly. Probably played a half hour the short coin way, but caught it. Unfortunately, when I changed to Spin, it went ice cold. Should have moved and didn’t.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:43 pm
As to short coining, I was having a brain drain for a monent and thought I was still playing the 800 for bet one dollar machine. I realized before it was too late I didn’t have it set for spin poker which is the only setting they pay the Royal correctly. Probably played a half hour the short coin way, but caught it. Unfortunately, when I changed to Spin, it went ice cold. Should have moved and didn’t.
I'm glad you didn't hit a royal on the 3-dollar bet because I didn't want to see another min-w2g.

I don't think you've posted any Spin pics. Those would be fun to see.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ok next trip. I usually dont play the three screens. Hope I hit something worth posting. I haven’t hit a Royal yet on them which is a bit surprising playing 3 lines all of the time and at least 7 sessions on them so far. The sessions run 8-10 hours. Quick math indicates well over 100,000 hands on them so far. Between 600 and 700 hands per hour and always at least 3 lines played at a time.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Everyone knows markets are overvalued; matter of gauging your exit. Talk in this case is not cheap.
I hate the spin games. Too much information cluttering the screen. VP should be relaxing. And it’s so volatile that you usually bust in a third the time!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

They aren’t easy on your eyes. That’s for sure. For some reason, they always give them a better paytable on some games. Odd though, at Mohegan, there are none for 9/6 JOB or even airport Deuces. None for 9/6 DDB either that I know of. Also, they are the only game at least here that offers 800 for bet one on the Royal. Very strange. If it wasn’t for that, I wouldn’t play them at all. No way can I play them 8 hours straight. As long as they alow bets at 10 or more per line, they fit in very well for the Martingale Clone. One last odd thing. I never recall being dealt a quad on them without a wild card. On single line games, I am usually dealt a quad once a session. If they are really random, I should get dealt quads on the spin games tpp

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Absolutely no favorable spin tables down here either. This weekly quad fishing expedition is exhausting! After my one hour battle today, I was too frustrated to continue. I strolled .7 miles up the boardwalk, then lucky enough to also quad upon returning. I don’t know how you manage such absurd marathons.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:00 pm
I don’t know how you manage such absurd marathons.
Sufficient bankroll coupled with an understanding of the ebb and flow of video poker. Something that has been suggested to you countless times.