Extremely Lucky. I should quit for the year now!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Extremely Lucky. I should quit for the year now!

Post by olds442jetaway »

First I hit this playing my usual Martingale Clone. I put away some, and budgeted 300 to play Dollars also with the clone. My third highest hit ever. At least I packed up, hit the bank on the way home to replentish some of my recent ATM withdraws, and plan a stop tomorrow at our local Animal shelter,
A8835C8F-2689-4039-A4BF-A4DA91295742.jpeg
my favorite local charity. I will find out what they are low on and take care of it. Winter is tough on the workers and the animals. The Deuces of course came in first.
Attachments
86431612-9E43-4B36-BAC4-4F70787FF4D5.jpeg

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Wow wow, 13 was not an unlucky number for you!

Congratulations olds!! :up: :up:

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Wait... is that a $10,400 win?!

Amazing. Congrats!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Congratulations! Your QE2 has come in. Take six months off. You played your way to a higher level. It’s called Nirvana.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

wtg olds and i am so happy that you're going to help out your local animal shelter

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thank you all. Yes, Doris, they are always understaffed and work so hard to try to take care of the animals. They rely on us to keep them healthy and safe and hopefully find good homes for them.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

Congratulations. The two most joyous words in video poker- CALL ATTENDANT

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Absolutely. I yearn to join the club. I’m calling everyone I know!

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

Why would you quit?

The purpose of a Martingale system of any sort is to bet more when you're losing, hoping to make up for past losses. it doesn't change the odds of the game (this is still a 98.9% game, for example), and the typical result for most people is that they end up losing everything, but you are still in the intermediate phase of winning some and losing some.

I haven't closely tracked your scores, and you don't post every score, but I doubt if this has come close to making you even. You're still stuck, only somewhat less so than you were before this big payday.

Also, assuming you haven't been made whole by these jackpots, I found you wanting to give away a significant part of your winnings to charity to be a socially admirable but financially devastating move. If you're going to be giving away chunks of your winnings, and absorbing all the losses, you're going to need to up the rate at which you Martingale. Given that the Martingale won't work anyway, this charity habit will just have you going broke faster.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Wildman, the Martingale Clone is just something to keep my mind sharp. Doesn’t mean it works any better than anything else. I like because unless I bust, I need to win less hands to be even or better than flat betting. All I do after working on refining it to my own taste is up my bets by one unit if I have just lost 6 times my current bet amount. For instance, say I am playing Deuces Wild at bet 5. I would have to lose 30 before I go to bet 6. I back it down too same rules