9/6 JOB hit and run attempt later tonite

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: 9/6 JOB hit and run attempt later tonite

Post by FAA »

Pretty easy $105 and a relaxing room to boot. I always scale down after a FH. That always seems to be when the programmers schedule their cold cycle. I’m not losing $30 to ride it out. JOB quads are one per hour for me. I play slow, so 400-450 hands. They’re mostly on schedule.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

FAA wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:45 pm
I always scale down after a FH. That always seems to be when the programmers schedule their cold cycle.
Every now and then, I have an extremely difficult time fighting off the urge to comment on inane statements like this one. This is one such time. I simply cannot understand how any video poker player with an ounce of brains could write such nonsense.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

It’s because we remember when we get hammered after a good hand and tend to forget when the machine was still good or even OK. Most VP players at least the ones who think like this will not touch a machine after a Royal has hit on it. I remember one instance last year when the only machine available was a guy waiting to get paid for a Royal. I waited a few minutes and after he got paid I sat down and started play on 9/6 quarter JOB. In less than 5 minutes, I hit one myself for a grand.
By the way, the way I am playing with Martingale Clone is simply a money management tool for me and has nothing to do with what I think will happen on the next few hands. One does tend to remember though when a decision worked or didn’t work especially if it resulted in a losing cycle.
Here is one more example of this that I am guilty of myself non video poker related. When I was 19, I had a beat up old 1953 Chevy that I had just bought for 20 bucks. There is a small cut through street near my parent’s house. I took that street in 1967 and immediately picked up a nail in my tire. The tires were pretty worn anyway and dry rotted so it was not repairable. I had to buy a new recap for 9 bucks I didn’t really have. The following week, I took that street again and got another nail in one of the old worn tires. This time I had to borrow the 9 bucks from my parents which I hated to do because I never asked them for money for anything. Of course I paid them back the following week. Only my dad worked. To this day, I have never driven down that street again. I am actually writing this from my parent’s house which is only 3 miles from mine.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Another hit and run attempt later tonight. No room so an even bigger incentive to split. Will be trying the same JOB method. Hope the fast balls are under 90. No curve balls or sliders. They are experts at sliders out of nowhere.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Good luck!!!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

You’re lucky to have fifty cent and dollar options. I played a ton of JOB today. Masochist Special. Handful of quads. Nothing to show for it upon departure.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Was up 135 on quarter JOB. Discipline failure. Had urge to go for a hand pay on 98.6 Bonus Deuces Wild Spin poker on a dollar game. Never hit the quad deuces so budget busted. Some lessons are rarely learned.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

The cocky bump denomination and bust trip. I am quite familiar. It’s depressing to play so much JOB. The boredom becomes irritating. I’m guessing that you joined me in over three hours worth yesterday. I only left it for a minute. Rewarded with a nominal loss day.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yep. Figured I would take the Profit and play dollar Bonus Deuces Wild. When that game gobbled up the proceeds in fifteen minutes, I foolishly started an aggressive instead of mild clone sequence that ate bankroll. Won’t make that mistake again. Grrrrrr. I say that now!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The Mrs wants to go up tonight. I think I will chill with a few Amstels, movie or game, and just play with the 30 buck free play tonite and another 30 tomorrow morning.