A Trip to Bizarro World!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: A Trip to Bizarro World!

Post by olds442jetaway »

About 30 years ago shortly after Foxwods opened, I was a regular craps player there before I got into video poker. The odds were pretty much even up with the house depending what you played. I tried often a fairly aggressive system of increasing my bet 50% on any win Sometimes it would work, but more often than not when I got up to where one more roll would give me a nice win, the shooter sometimes being myself would seven out. Overall though, I think I lost much more money playing video poker then craps. The streaks in VP are just much more lengthy it seems to me and usually in the wrong direction.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Pass line with 5x odds or dont pass laying 5x odds is apx 99.7% with lower variance than v poker ! but very slow action compared to v poker IMHO. dont pass is a bit better odds overall by the way. Each to there own as far as gambling is concerned !

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

That’s for sure. I enjoy vp so much more. Relaxing, no chain smoking drunks in your space, no being on your feet 12 hours at a time, and no waitresses per order of the pit boss asking you if you want a drink just as you are about to shoot in the middle of a hot roll. Also, no thieves reaching into your tray to grab chips as you are shooting or placing your bets. I decked one of those but good 30 years ago. All on camera. Nowadays, I would be banned for defending my own money.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

U know about bubble craps , u have a seat and if its your own bubble as opposed to community bubble your action is faster . Its still no match for the light speed action of video poker !

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yes. They had it at Foxwoods for awhile and pulled it a few years ago. Need for speed……thats why I like vp. Wish DDS was not a 97 percent game. Plays twice as fast as draw poker.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I played exactly the same way as the windfall trip. No Royals, no quad deuces, no 5OAK on Joker Kings. The biggest hit was a single SF on JK at a 50 for one payout. Gave back half of the 3k windfall. Luckily I finally quit when that number was reached. I didn’t play the windfall machine as it was being played.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This trip was a windfall minus the wind! :lol:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Oh the wind was there. Just blowing in the wrong direction!
Attachments
79C35D0B-7C36-404A-951E-38225CCDDB60.gif
79C35D0B-7C36-404A-951E-38225CCDDB60.gif (705.88 KiB) Viewed 1584 times

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thursday trip was more of the same. The rest of my recent windfall was gobbled up faster than an arcade Pac-Man machine. Was ahead 50 bucks then straight down. Nothing hit of any consequence. I hate to even say that is video poker for you but unfortunately it is.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Bummer Olds.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

As the adage goes, misery loves company. I had a similar downfall yesterday. The difference I suppose is that I didn't merely reverse a hand pay. That will be FAA Card Cutting Day.