A Trip to Bizarro World!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: A Trip to Bizarro World!

Post by olds442jetaway »

Partial comeback with the Mrs last night. Hit a Royal with less than 100 bucks left of a 200 budget. This was a bad paytable machine, but I wanted the 800 for bet one Royal option as I planned on a mini budget Martingale Clone outing. Worked out OK. Gave nothing back. Also hit quad deuces after the Royal.
Attachments
72F805C9-AB95-4204-B561-C10B248664E8.jpeg

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Paytable was 97.58 😬. You would have to tie Bob D down and have a machine press the buttons for him to get him to play this.
I only did it since I am in Bizarro world and needed to have the 800 for bet one option with my 200 budget. I will only do this when desperate.
Long run of course, this is a loser both game and method, but I had fun with it.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Congratulations. I assume a +$600 session. Not bad for two hours work. You should keep a running count of annual RFs, like our midwestern member. You have the frequency.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:05 pm
Congratulations. I assume a +$600 session. Not bad for two hours work. You should keep a running count of annual RFs, like our midwestern member. You have the frequency.
I for one; do not keep a running count of annual RFs. Life, to me, is one giant running count.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ditto….In my case, it is running way too fast. I tend to start counting them when they run dry. Not good for the blood pressure either.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Another just me overnight trip planned for tonite. Going to try and break the instant give back cycle and for sure stick with dimes and quarters. Same game plan. 97.58 machine. Martingale clone. I just can’t get any good paytables on a multi line game. Tempting fate 😬
I will say one thing. Even with the Covid protocols, constant cleaning, masks etc, it is such a pleasure to play in an environment free of smoke. It is to the point now that when a smoker who isn’t smoking walks by, the smell of stale smoke on his/her clothes is nauseating.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

If it's just dimes and quarters, what can go wrong? Lousy pay table, but weather seems okay. Multi line games are the worst in a cold cycle, which is over half the time. It hardly seems worth the trouble of a trip. Free room incentive? I got a use it or lose it on Sunday, right after a blizzard. I'll just grin and bear it. :down:

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

FAA wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:05 pm
LL keeps track. If you are thinking of him, he is in Houston. East Texas (Houston) is in the South; West Texas is in the West. No part of Texas is in the Midwest

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

You’re both wrong. No geography lesson necessary. I am surprised that person isn’t clear. If TL assumed that it was him, his ego is the size of Lake Michigan.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The trip worked out well except I didn’t get any sleep yet. I am taking care of that in about 15 minutes after coffee. 9 hour marathon. No Royals. My phone was on low battery so no pics this time.
I pulled five of a kind on joker kings, four deuces on a quarter regular deuces wild came, and I pulled quads in Jack’s or better right on schedule which is really what I need to do when I’m playing Martingale Clone. Made a nice 500 dollar dent in the losses earlier this month. The first half of the session I played Three line spin poker and for the last half single line 9/6 jacks or better.