A Trip to Bizarro World!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: A Trip to Bizarro World!

Post by FAA »

Congratulations. Tough to parse all the bets and lines for novices. But +$2,820 is EASY money.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks gang! I am waiting for a loss of ten times my bet until advancing or upping my bet one unit. Anytime I hit, I reduce my bet to the prior level. For instance, if my bet was 5 bucks, I stay there until I have lost 50. If on the first hand at bet 6, I have a net win of 12, I drop back to the bet five level and at that point, I would have lost 38at that level. As soon as the loss hit 50 again or higher, I would advance back up to bet 6. I was taking a big risk with bankroll dollars instead of quarters, but I had had so many poor sessions in the last month I decided to take a shot. My bank roll this trip was only $500 and I had already gone through 400 of it when the Royal hit. No complaints obviously. Just lucky. Playing with quarters now with 200 bucks. If I make a hundred, I’m heading home. If I bust 200, I am heading home. At 4pm, no matter what, I am outta here. Otherwise, the Warden will list me as AWOL. 🥴

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Nice one Olds!!! :up:

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:06 am
Congratulations. Tough to parse all the bets and lines for novices. But +$2,820 is EASY money.
olds had lost 80% of his bankroll before hitting the royal, I would hesitate to call it EASY MONEY.

Congrats olds.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

olds had lost 80% of his bankroll before hitting the royal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But he didn't throw that in until 2.5 hours after my post. I'll settle for half that jackpot.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

For instance, if my bet was 5 bucks, I stay there until I have lost 50. If on the first hand at bet 6, I have a net win of 12, I drop back to the bet five level and at that point, I would have lost 38 at that level.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just the opposite. Once -$50, I'm forlorn. I economize and ratchet down the bets. Cue the quad.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

On the way out, playing the same way with quarters, I was up 96 bucks gunning for 100 as posted. We know the familiar drill. Couldn’t pull the last 4 bucks to save my a.. I even went all the way back to 3 lines at a quarter a line. Sure enough, even with the Clone, they grabbed my 296 bucks. I was determined not to play the…..give me back that Royal game… again. Plus, it was ten past 4, and the Warden was rounding up the posse. Of course my I phone locater service was off as was Blue Tooth and Wi Fi. We have unlimited data so I knew when I saw the vm that if I was late for dinner, I would pay dearly. Rush hour on I 95 to boot. Luckily, I caught a pretty good traffic break and the guy in front of me driving his BMW X5 at 87 mph was perfect radar bait. Pulled in the driveway and luckily The broccoli had another two minutes to cook on the stove. 😬.
Believe it or not, tomorrow is the eve of our 50th anniversary and the Mrs and I plan a nice dinner and overnight at Bizarro. The Warden gloves should be off and packed away. At least I hope so.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Early Happy Golden Anniversary to both you and your wife olds. I am so envious.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

congrats olds and happy anniversary to you and mrs olds

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thank you all. She deserves all of the credit for putting up with me. 🙄 It would be nice if we could all meet some day. I feel we know each other better than some of our neighbors and even family members.