A Trip to Bizarro World!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

A Trip to Bizarro World!

Post by olds442jetaway »

Better known as Mohegan Sun! I am not complaining by any means. It just seems like this event is a nearly impossible happening. I decided to make a quick trip yesterday. Had 30 bucks free play. It turned into a 3,000 dollar windfall No hand pays. I will post the details after dinner.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Congrats olds, at first I thought you went to Atlantic City with FAA.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks! No! That is a whole different Bizarro World! Heee!
So anyway, I was a bit disgusted over hardly ever connecting on straights, straight flushes with one deuce and two other cards, and holding 2 to a Royal without a deuce. I know hands like some of those can go into the dozens or hundreds before they connect even once.
Anyway I go against the math knowing I am giving up EV, but hoping to hit more often holding a single deuce in those scenarios. . I only did this with the 30 buck free play. The machine started hitting everything under the sun except a Natural Royal. I was so busy playing and hitting I didn’t take any pics to disrupt the cycle.
When all was said and done, in 5 hours I had hit quad deuces 6 times total on qyarters, halves, and dollars and many many straight flushes and five of a kinds and way more than average regular quads. The same machine hit 4 Aces without deuces 4 times, no benefit to me and 3 straight flushes without deuces. I had 4 shots at a Royal without deuces, but didn’t connect. I am still reeling and shaking my head.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Just to finish up, this same machine dealt a total of 8 quads without deuces in the same 5 hours. That is very rare. Like I said above 4 of them were Aces.
As to the quad deuce hits, one was dealt, one was dealt on the redraw, 2 hit holding just one deuce, 1 hit holding 2, and one hit holding 3. Besides a normal amount of wild royals, 2 or 3 of them were dealt back on the redraw!! I guess one word describes everything. Bizarro!!!
Sorry, I an’t reveal the location of this machine. Otherwise it may get removed from service or get so busy I won’t get it again. This machine has hit 3 Royals in the last 2 months, many quad deuces, and long just in general hot cycles. Somehow I still managed to be way negative for 2021. Many of the other machines I played during 2021 were like ice cubes.
I only play now in the very late evening and early morning hours now when crowds are sparse due to Covid concerns. Most bars are closed now due to lack of staff as are some of the restaurants. The employees that do show up in the service field are complaining about sparse tipping and small crowds. Concerts have been cancelled as well. I am bummed I cancelled my Gran Funk RR tickets for this weekend. The seating in the Arena is like a sardine can. Too risky with screaming, yelling, breathing on the back of your neck and on and on. At most half the patrons wearing masks. Soooooso many breakthrough cases now everywhere.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

A perfect description of the term: "Grinder Session."

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Wish they were all like that. Speaking of grinders, I could go for a good meatball sub about now!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Congratulations. Tax free marathon windfall very rare. Still too dazed to return.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yes, I dread to even look at my win loss statement for 2021. Have to request it on my next trip up. Had I stayed with quarters, I would have been even or better for the year. The rare scenario above was a bit uplifting, the rest will come today with my first trip of the New Year to our Animal Shelter.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:43 pm
Just to finish up, this same machine dealt a total of 8 quads without deuces in the same 5 hours.
Very nice run, congrats!

I found some stats in a Power Quads thread at Wizard of Vegas. If you play 9/6 JOB, each of the high-card quads (J thru A) comes along about once in 5100 hands. Low-card quads (2 thru T) are about 5700 each.

For NSUD, quad ducks is 5356. The other natural quad frequencies range from 6345 (4) to 6434 (A). This includes instances of natural quads with a deuce kicker (paid as 5-of-a-kind). You play 15/9 deuces instead of 16/10, but that shouldn't change the math much.

I think it works out to about ten assorted natural quads for every occurrence of quad ducks. For a fast player (>800 hph), 8 naturals in 5 hours would be normal imo.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I dont think so. In 5 hours and about 3,500 hands total. I was talking about dealt quads in my post above. So including the dealt deuces quad, that would be 9 dealt quads one of them being quad deuces. There should be only one quad of any type dealt every 5,000 hands or so. One in 4,165 hands for a dealt quad to be exact. I should have had at most one dealt quad. I had 9.