A Trip to Bizarro World!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: A Trip to Bizarro World!

Post by olds442jetaway »

Our Anniversary Trip was very nice. We played conservative this trip and walked away with gas and dinner money. Bizarro once again living up to its name gave me 14 quads in 20 minutes on Joker Kings if you can believe that, Then 2 hours without one. Nothing larger hit. The full houses filled in part of the 2 hour gap so I was still able to cash out ahead. The Mrs played Bonus Poker Deluxe so she could get the 80 for one for any old quad after getting smoked and only a couple of small quads on DDB. After the switch to Deluxe, she promptly gets dealt 4 Aces with a 2. 🥴 Still managed to pull 25 bucks for the night on her nickel play with poor pay tables.
Last edited by olds442jetaway on Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Next trip if all is well for me is Sunday eve. Triple Status points which with any luck on back and forth hits, I should be able to convert to 100 free play.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:34 pm
On the way out, playing the same way with quarters, I was up 96 bucks gunning for 100 as posted. We know the familiar drill. Couldn’t pull the last 4 bucks to save my a.. I even went all the way back to 3 lines at a quarter a line. Sure enough, even with the Clone, they grabbed my 296 bucks. I was determined not to play the…..give me back that Royal game… again. Plus, it was ten past 4, and the Warden was rounding up the posse. Of course my I phone locater service was off as was Blue Tooth and Wi Fi. We have unlimited data so I knew when I saw the vm that if I was late for dinner, I would pay dearly. Rush hour on I 95 to boot. Luckily, I caught a pretty good traffic break and the guy in front of me driving his BMW X5 at 87 mph was perfect radar bait. Pulled in the driveway and luckily The broccoli had another two minutes to cook on the stove. 😬.
Believe it or not, tomorrow is the eve of our 50th anniversary and the Mrs and I plan a nice dinner and overnight at Bizarro. The Warden gloves should be off and packed away. At least I hope so.
Happy anniversary !! i will follow up to 85 mph , there was a group of cars that passed me that I would estimate doing a good 150 mph !! rt. 95 is the Autobon !!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks! Yes I have seen them too. Most recently two Dodge Hellcats racing. 130-150 easy. I think they were undercover cops though. Less than 1 mile down the road on 95 there was radar and two chase cars. They didn’t get stopped. They never would have caught them anyway. They would have had to radio ahead. Those Hellcats would have walked by my 65 Olds 442 I used to have which in its day was a Rocket. Olds used that Rocket term starting in 1949 I think.
Off track a bit, but growing up our neighbor had a 49 Rocket 88. Once in awhile, we would get a ride in it. Then at UCONN in the 1960s I looked at a beat up one ( 65 442 ) on a car lot. No money back then so I passed. Finally, around 1980, I found. Great original 65 from the original owner. Bought it and did the show circuit for about 25 years. Last time I looked it had changed hands several times and was on a classic car lot in Florida for sale for 25k. I would have kept it forever, but it was an auto and I really wanted a 4 speed. Ancient history now.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

Maybe the cops blinked. And radar went into error. Reminds me of a story a guy in HS told me about driving his BILs firebird. Going over a hundred, BIL says "ok, park it". So this guy puts it in Park...

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Next Bizarro adventure or Misadventure depending how you look at it will be tomorrow night. I will be gunning for a 4th straight win or tiny loss for a long session with a very mild Martingale Clone method. Unfortunately it is a bit boring and involves either 3 line spin poker or 3 line multiplay. Can’t find a paytable better than 9844 either, but so far so good. Stay tuned.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

It worked until I switched to dollars hoping for a 4700 buck Royal on Joker Kings. Was up 400 on quarters on Joker Kings without a Royal or even 5 of a kind. Ignoring bankroll requirements on dollars, I gave back the 4 plus 4 on a longish cold stretch.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Misery loves company. As every Disney investor knows, the money train is out of steam. I was up almost $100 yesterday without a quad. I had to keep on gambling. My two cost me $250 plus my win.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I think on my Bizarro World postings here I am going to start listing my highest up amounts for the session along with my Net for the session. That way, if my latest slow but hopefully sure Clone method works, other players with better discipline than I have may be able to take advantage of it. Example listed below.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I went up to Bizarro late Sat eve to take advantage of 50 in free play and also Triple status points. I fell short of the additional goal to get another 100 in free play because I had to get home. The bottom line is I was up 175 bucks early on. I was playing DDB which I never do on spin poker and hit 4 Aces like 5 times with only a 25 cent bet in. ( 800 for bet 1 machine. ). I then took a break and again foolishly played dollars Joker Kings on a single line game and additionally foolishly speeded up the Clone as it was already like 6 AM. Ugh! Net session loss. 700 bucks. The only plus was I am only 6 status pints shy of maintaining Ascend Status for the next cycle. That will take me through 3/31/2023 for the Ascend Status.