Slot machine won't take over $500 in bills!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
Mikeinri
Forum Regular

Slot machine won't take over $500 in bills!

Post by Mikeinri »

From lovely Twin River in RI.
I remember hearing Bob Dancer or some podcast saying a few years ago that slots didn't take over $1000 in bills. Struck me as likely wrong at the time but of no concern to me as I have never put so much cash in a slot.
Well almost a year ago I had around $700 in 20's I wanted to color up to 100's. I went to an older penny slot machine and had no problem.
Last week I had a similar amount in 20's and went to a newer Game King/video BJ machine and at $500 the machine blinked that it wouldn't accept any more cash!
Huh!
The real funny part is I cashed out, scooted my fat behind a couple of feet to the right to the EXACT same machine, put in $300 in cash, then put the $500 ticket in and no problem!
So what the **** are they really accomplishing?
Does someone think people are so stupid they can't figure that out?
And what about the $100, $500 and $1000 machines at some places. Can't believe the $1000 machines lock up at $500!
The River-it never ceases to amaze
So Much So Close
Bull ****! :roll:
LOL

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

It is probably a money laundering issue.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

First 🌎 problems! Give me those anytime.

Columbo
Forum Newbie

Post by Columbo »

If the machine has multiple denoms, select the highest denom available before you put your money in. I see this frequently ----- if it is on the 25c or 50c denom setting, it has a lower cutoff point than if it's on $5 denom, for example. Then once your money is inserted at the higher denom, switch back to your chosen denom before actually dealing your first hand.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

Columbo wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:43 am
If the machine has multiple denoms, select the highest denom available before you put your money in. I see this frequently ----- if it is on the 25c or 50c denom setting, it has a lower cutoff point than if it's on $5 denom, for example. Then once your money is inserted at the higher denom, switch back to your chosen denom before actually dealing your first hand.
Or just play the $500 machines!

davidearl

Post by davidearl »

If you filled up the money box, it won't take any more. :idea:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ditto