Finally switching to multi line play

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Finally switching to multi line play

Post by olds442jetaway »

I am just curious. For all of the multiline players with years of experience, what do you feel is the best balance of lines to play? Too few and you may not hit anything for an entire session. Too many and you may hit something pretty good on one line and it may not put a dent in your losses for the day. Personally, I like 2,3,4,or 5 lines, but I know some may play 50 or even 100 lines at a time. Obviously, dealt great hands are the best, but many times, that just does not happen.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I don't know that there's any magic formula for this. A lot of it is just personal preference.

To me, the significant factors are the game itself, and the denominations available versus your available bankroll and comfort level with the size of bet. That said, 5 line 50c or 10 line 25c are what I play most often, except when there's a decent 50 line 5c game available (Harrahs Laughlin, the ROW in Reno).

As you have noted, the down side of playing multiline is that hitting a royal may not be enough to produce a winning session, particularly for 50 line. On the other hand, when you're dealt a promising hand, you're not thinking: will I hit, rather, you're thinking: how many?

I doubt that this bit of rambling will come even close to answering the question, but it's the best I can come up with for now.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks OMT. As always, I value your opinion. Probably 25 years ago, Foxwoods had several 100 play penny machines that I enjoyed very much and it was great for Martingale even with a 7/5 JOB table and 16/13 for Deuces Wild. I never lost much playing the game and may have even been ahead a bit. Can’t remember now. I found though that once I got past 10 lines, it was tougher to get and stay ahead without great dealt hands or a good deal that didn’t connect well. It was an instant high though to have somewhere between 25 and 100 hands bet and get dealt 4 to a Royal or 3 deuces with the game set on slow deal. One time in particular, I remember playing 28 hands and I was dealt 4 to a Royal. I woofed on the first 25, but connected on the last 3 lines. Crazy.

MikeBwinner?
Forum Newbie

Post by MikeBwinner? »

Multi Line games can be fun BUT....

The swings are huge. A losing streak is a huge loss. The wins can be big, but a small loss streak quickly takes it away. If I get a decent win, I run from the machine.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

I like triple play to get as many hands in to average out. Limit each machine to 50 bucks. If no good play it's back to single line.

Then deuces get 3 off the can't pull the other one. Hold one and in they come on Monday's play. Both on same machine 2 mins apart.
What's the odds of filling all 3 four to the wild royal?
WP_20220905_15_41_33_Pro.jpg
WP_20220905_15_39_49_Pro.jpg
WP_20220905_16_18_29_Pro.jpg

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

1 in 7807

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

TripleTriple wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:48 am
1 in 7807
How did you calculate that?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Hard to believe, my last hand play was 6/22. At least 30 sessions since then. Currently in defense mode mostly playing nickels with a combo of single line and multi line play. Do I need to at least try Foxwoods at this point??? I can’t quite get a handle on what is going on!! My budget is in defense mode as well. I see very very few hand pays at Mohegan Sun every session. The quad deuces are somewhat limiting my losses, but even those seem to be fading. Wild Royals used to keep me playing especially the dealt ones on multi line. No more. These aren’t short sessions either. At least 8 hours each.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Only thing you can do is take some time off. It works for me, take 2-3 weeks off and regroup, do some computer practice, learn one more game can help.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Try Foxwoods. At this point, you have to shake up the monotony and negative thoughts associated with MS. I told you that Mohegan means wolf. I'm through with the play incentives Caesars offers midweek. Tedious rushed commute which invariably ends with a regrettable loss. I may return Sunday just to stop off on the way to the Resorts sports book.