Off to Nevada

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
davidearl

Re: Off to Nevada

Post by davidearl »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:40 pm
Stay safe and well. Enjoy the drive. I still love driving except for the new crop of lunatics on the road. Join the club on the posts. I think I am the king of typos, Capitalizations, and punctuation errors. Sometimes in a hurry and just too lazy for cleanup if most of the post is legible.
Not too good, for a Teacher's Pet :lol:

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Congrats to the wife on the dealt Aces!

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

And, we are off ro Nevada again! Assuming everything goes right, we will be flying on Southwest Airlines from Buffalo to Reno (via Phoenix) on Saturday the 14th.

We will be staying at the Silver Legacy in Reno, on a Caesars seven star retreat, for five nights, before leaving Reno and flying to Las Vegas. We will spend 12 nights in Vegas, divided among the Four Queens, the D, and the Rio, before flying back to Buffalo on the 31st of January.

Again, I sure hope our bankroll holds up.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Sounds like fun...Good luck!!!

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

onemoretry wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:35 pm
And, we are off ro Nevada again! Assuming everything goes right, we will be flying on Southwest Airlines from Buffalo to Reno (via Phoenix) on Saturday the 14th.

We will be staying at the Silver Legacy in Reno, on a Caesars seven star retreat, for five nights, before leaving Reno and flying to Las Vegas. We will spend 12 nights in Vegas, divided among the Four Queens, the D, and the Rio, before flying back to Buffalo on the 31st of January.

Again, I sure hope our bankroll holds up.
Have a great trip. If by chance, you get stuck in Phoenix on your way. let me know. That happened to my son and family on their way to San Francisco. They had to overnight it here. I brought them food so they wouldn't be hungry. :)

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Best of luck to you both OMT.

I'm going to try and get to Las Vegas this year and see U2 at the new MGM Sphere.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

OTABILL wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:03 pm
Have a great trip. If by chance, you get stuck in Phoenix on your way. let me know. That happened to my son and family on their way to San Francisco. They had to overnight it here. I brought them food so they wouldn't be hungry. :)
Thank you for the offer. Fortunately, we did not get stuck in Phoenix.

However, it was a bit iffy for a while. Our flight from Buffalo was scheduled to depart at 2:10 pm, but we didn't actually push back until about 2:40. They advised us that our flight time would be about four and a half hours rather than the five on the schedule, so it looked like we were back on time. But, then, we had to wait to be deiced. So, it was back to being about 30 minutes late arriving in Phoenix. Given our short layover (65 minutes), that was pretty tight.

We had not yet deplaned when boarding our flight to Reno was scheduled to begin. Extremely frustrating was the fact that most of the pre-boarded passengers on our flight ignored the request from the flight crew to remain in their seats and allow passengers with tight schedules off first. Instead, they diddled and dawdled, waiting for their wheelchairs to arrive, while those of us trying to make connecting flights fumed.

Fortunately, they held our flight to Reno for long enough to enable people arriving late on connecting flights to make it, and we did, in fact, make it. It did require a rather strenuous trek from ourl C arrival gate to our D departure one.

And, surprisingly, our luggage made it as well!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Wow! So far so good. Sounds like Buffalo is almost back to normal. Stay safe and have a great trip.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Before the more significant problem at Buffalo (the flight delay), we did experience a minor glitch when attempting to go through security there. Something was wrong with our tickets, and we were sent back to the Southwest counter to get it fixed. They reentered all the information, with no changes, and, this time everything was good. The security agent thought that, perhaps, the problem had been with his computer, which he had had to reboot.

A pleasant upgrade there is new luggage scanning machines that no longer require the removal of electronics from carryons before they are scanned.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

onemoretry wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:49 am
Before the more significant problem at Buffalo (the flight delay), we did experience a minor glitch when attempting to go through security there. Something was wrong with our tickets, and we were sent back to the Southwest counter to get it fixed. They reentered all the information, with no changes, and, this time everything was good. The security agent thought that, perhaps, the problem had been with his computer, which he had had to reboot.

A pleasant upgrade there is new luggage scanning machines that no longer require the removal of electronics from carryons before they are scanned.
Glad you made it ok. Best of luck in Nevada.