Bizarro World 2023

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Bizarro World 2023

Post by olds442jetaway »

Had a nice overnight trip Sunday night with the Mrs. They gave us a sky suite which was unexpected. I lost. Hit absolutely nothing on quarter Deuces and Joker Kings. The Mrs continues to kill the 8/5 and 7/5 DDB Ultimate X machines with nickels. Luck of the Irish continues for her. Pics attached. Between the two of us, we ended up even.
Attachments
F79E3CBF-1186-4619-9B80-63247AA3741E.jpeg
3757E2ED-B590-475A-BB3C-C6BA51D0FEC1.jpeg
4A162B27-71E8-458B-8C35-17EB401B51A6.jpeg

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Nice hits! Always fun when you both do good. :up: :up:

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

A fine enough trip. Just break even on the whole and enjoy a "free" suite. You cannot complain.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Olds, you need to take lessons from the MRS.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

You got it. Don’t ask me how she beats up on DDB with 7/5 and 8/5 paytables, but she does. I think it is this. She keeps track of if she needs to play nickels, dimes, or quarters to stay about even with one hit of Aces, or 2,34,with an Ace. Anything higher like with a multiplier is a bonus. If she loses her 300 bank, she quits. I guess t is an ultra mild form of my clone, but it works for her. You are right. I need to try it. I think my clone variations are just too aggressive and the windfalls don’t make up for the losing trips overall. The hit with the Walt quad deuces I was actually hitting the keys, but she was Telling me what cards to hold here and there. Note, some are against the math here and there, but they seem to work for her.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Were you offered tickets to Miss America last month? I still cannot process MA AWOL from AC for sunnier pastures.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

No offer. I haven’t been to any shows there since Covid. Te Arena is just too close quarters and unless you have floor seating, you have people breathing in back of you right down on your neck. Now Covid is getting much worse again. Ct counties are in the high range now. There were 60 Covid deaths here last week. Double the prior week. I mostly play overnight. Mask on and if someone sits down right next to me to play, I cash out. My lounge trips are very limited and only when the crowds ar thin.
In fact, I am missing a good show tonight. Bowzer. I was offered tickets too.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yeah, I have an eventful week and will avoid AC altogether on MLK. With my luck, I’d fall ill. At least Super Wild Card weekend is providing excellent drama for the country. I’ll have to check local and national Covid numbers.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Cancelled my Bizarro trip for tomorrow. It will be packed with MLK day Covidites. Will go maybe Tuesday. In fact I just read on another thread that Tech 58 just had Covid. Unfortunately, it is never going to leave us alone. Masks are now recommended again in CT for all indoor activities. They know very little about the new X BBB1.5 Mutant. To be honest, I am tired of pumping experimental vaccines and boosters into my system. I am probably rolling the dice, but gave up on them after the first booster. Taking all other precautions as best we can. I hate it, but still am a firm believer in masks. Staying away from people in general is almost a must. I am no Dr., but we have many friends who developed serious conditions within days or weeks after shots and boosters. I am not advising anyone. Just reporting what we are seeing. Hope we can all stay safe and continue to play and enjoy VP as best we can. Mohegan Sun is still doing an excellent job of cleaning and providing sanitizer and wipes every few feet. Many employees are wearing masks again. Te also have a sophisticated installed UV air filtration system.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

CT seven day average new Covid case number was 845 on January 4, a four month high. That must have been what you were sensing. It has since decreased 30% to 604 as of yesterday. It should be decent again by President's Day weekend. Book accordingly!