ultimate x

Discuss video poker programs for the home user
royalgt
Forum Rookie

ultimate x

Post by royalgt »

Does anyone make ultimate x software that shows your errors to practice at home?

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

I have attached a link to a previous discussion that may help you.

http://www.videopoker.com/forum/forum_p ... p?TID=2891

And here is the link to the Wizard of Odds Ultimate X info. Check out the pay tables. Didn't find anything from Dancer yet but I may have missed it.

http://wizardofodds.com/ultimatex

I've had one great hit on Ultimate X but it is really streaky so I rarely play it. One night as we were headed up I put a small ticket (under $20) in playing 10 hand 5¢ and caught 4X Aces and then a multiplier quad dealt in the first few hands. I cashed out and headed for the bank. I've played a few times since and haven't had a big hit. It is like Dream Card which I love but they cost too many coins for the random big hit IMO. Just another way to fleece a $.

Larry

royalgt
Forum Rookie

Post by royalgt »

I feel the same way, if I get a big payout, take the money and run. It would be nice to know exactly which cards to pick as I know that it is not nearly the same as a non multiplier.  I wonder if it would be the same as super times as far as the strategy.

damule
VP Veteran

Post by damule »

I feel the same way, if I get a big payout, take the money and run. It would be nice to know exactly which cards to pick as I know that it is not nearly the same as a non multiplier.  I wonder if it would be the same as super times as far as the strategy.

Supertimes Pay strategy is not altered from optimal strategy no matter what the multiplier. Ultimate X differs from optimal strategy to different degrees depending on dealt hands and awaiting multipliers from previous hands. This makes mastering this game almost an impossibility. For instance in a game such as double double bonus there are times when dealt 4 to a flush or 4 to an open ended straight have higher expected values over the current hand and the following hand combined than a paying pair of jacks or better would. I know of no program or no player, Bob Dancer and the Wizard of Odds included, that have come up with the perfect strategy on this game. I wouldn't play Ultimate X with a basic pay table of lower than 98% with a max bet of more than $7.50/deal, the volatility is enormous.

I would play STP any day over Ult X due to the fact that you're wagering only 1 extra credit and the volitility is not nearly as polarizing. If you play Ult X and do not get a monster hand, such as bonus quads or higher with a large multiplier you will lose your butt. Where as with STP you can get alot of play out of basic hands like 3 of kind through full houses with the occassional middle level multiplier and still come out nearly even keeled.