New PC: Games Won't Open

Discuss video poker programs for the home user
TonySr
Forum Newbie

New PC: Games Won't Open

Post by TonySr »

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on a Dell (hey, it was on sale). PC is Pentium Core 2 Duo 3. 0 GHz with 4 GB of RAM and about 435 GB of free HD Space. When I click on Triple Double Bonus Poker, the button is not acting like a Hyperlink (nothing happens).  I also cannot start Jacks or better, or click Return to Game. I'd appreciate suggestions on getting these links working. Thank you

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

64 bit Internet Explorer has a lot of incompatibilities (including flash player versions), and it's possible that's what you have running by default.Please try running in 32 bit mode and let me know if it resolves it.If you go to the Start menu and select All Programs, there should be options for both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer 64 bit. Try the one that is not 64 bit, and make sure you visit this site to install the latest flash player for the browser.

TonySr
Forum Newbie

Post by TonySr »

Okay, I tired the 32 bit Internet Explorer, but no luck. The games are also not working in the two other browsers I've tried (Firefox 3.6.13 and Safari 5.0.3).  It's as though the games are simply graphics that do not contain a hyperlink. When I hover over them with my mouse, the icon does not change, and when I click on the game, the game does not open.  BTW, I've upgraded to Flash Player 10.1 in all three browsers. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Can you go here using Firefox and tell me the full flash version number?http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

TonySr
Forum Newbie

Post by TonySr »

Sure: You have version 10,1,102,64 installedThanks

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Sending you a private message in one minute with a test program to help diagnose the problem. 

TonySr
Forum Newbie

Post by TonySr »

Stupid Computer Tricks: The Dell came without speakers. Grasping at straws, I tried plugging in my iPod earphones. Flash is now working. Thanks again for trying to resolve this.  Tony

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Sent you a PM for a version without sound. We suspected that sound drivers were the issue. Interesting that plugging in earphones resolved it... perhaps drivers were installed in the process.

TonySr
Forum Newbie

Post by TonySr »

You've got me, I was just grasping at straws.  I was thinking "What is Flash dependent on? Video? That seems ok. Audio? No, it can't be that. Particularly when Youtube Flash was just ignoring the lack of audio (but working fine).  I really don't know why the headphones worked. It seemed like it started working too quickly for drivers to have been installed. In 14 years of working with programming/networking/documentation... This has to be one of the stranger fixes I've come across. But it worked. Admins that really care can be hard to find. So I want to say THANK YOU for your prompt and aggressive attention to the issue. Tony