freeslots.com question?

Discuss video poker programs for the home user
DOUBLE B
Forum Rookie

freeslots.com question?

Post by DOUBLE B »

While playing 10/7 DB on freeslots.com if dealt Ad 5h 3c 6c 7c..freeslots says Ad is correct hold? This is not correct is it? Should the potential straight flush be the correct hold (3c 6c 7c)? Comments?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

It's a close call, but the Ace is the correct hold. You don't give up a lot of EV if you go for the straight flush (-0.078 difference)

Using Video Poker for Winners as my reference here.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

In general, the double inside straight flush draw is better than drawing to a single ace.  But, in the example cited, the other card in the hand is a five, which is a straight penalty to the straight flush cards.  That makes the draw to the single ace the slightly better choice.

DOUBLE B
Forum Rookie

Post by DOUBLE B »

Thanks onemore try. I figured that out after the posting. It was obvious that the single draw was not always the best. That's how I figured out what the deal was.

cook1947

Post by cook1947 »

If online gambling for money is against the law, why do I keep getting disc's in the mail offering this exact thing? I used to play online and never had any difficulties. I always got my money within a week. When I now get these disc's I just throw them away. Are they legal?