Zen Poker Room - Video Poker Tournaments

Discuss video poker programs for the home user
gtc
Forum Newbie

Re: Zen Poker Room - Video Poker Tournaments

Post by gtc »

SleazyRider,   I never had a problem with the graphics on the screen, such as the tournament table  being squashed or missing the clock, leaderboard, etc. as you and flamingomom described. I simply did not have the video poker button. After a lot of aggravation & emails to Zen support trying to figure out if the problem was their server or my computer, I finally stumbled onto something. Several months ago when I was having trouble with their server, Zen support instructed me to download Rise Poker which I did. Everything on that site looks exactly the same & in fact it even says videopoker.com poker room on the site. However the icon on my desktop says Rise Poker. I have been playing on that site without problems until yesterday when the box came up that told me to install the software update. After I did the update, the site came up as usual but without the video poker button on the tourney page. I figured out that I still had videopoker.com poker room in my computer's program list so I clicked on that. It instructed me to install the update just as it did when I signed onto Rise poker, but this time after installing the update, everything was fine & the video poker button was available on the tourney page. I have since been able to play the $5 VP tourneys, but must do it on the videopoker.com poker room site, not on Rise Poker. I never did understand why Zen directed me to Rise Poker or what their affiliation with that site is but at time it solved the problem. I emailed Zen support & told them the solution I figured out & asked if I should now uninstall Rise Poker, but have not yet gotten a response.

SleazyRider
Forum Rookie

Post by SleazyRider »

There have been some recent announcements about the Zen tournaments that our members may not be aware of.A banner ad appeared about Saturday stating that there would no longer be any weekly points resets, but rather all points would carry over.  If you tracked down the actual announcement, you would also find that the next software release on January 5 would have both a downloadable and a browser version of the tournament software. The link is:      http://nlop.com/beta/info.html   Buried in the FAQs section is the following: 8. What happened to video poker?Answer: Video poker is not currently available for play. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.  We intend to make it available for you again as soon as possible, and will notify you when it's back. A couple of times a popup add appeared with the notice:  "All games will be down at 10:00 AM on January 4. for 24 hours of system updates." So for the video poker tournament players, the tournaments have been cancelled indefinitely as of Wednesday.   Webman, Do you or anyone else at Videopoker.com know anything about this new Zen software release that lacks the Video Poker tournaments? 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We were just made aware that the current software release did not
include video poker. Zen will be adding back video poker in a future
release.  They have not provided a specific date but as soon as we know
we will pass the information on.

LonesomeDove
Forum Newbie

Post by LonesomeDove »

I am in total understanding of all that you posted here.  I have been trying to convey/better explain my concerns about the Video Poker tournaments on Zen.  I am getting responses that my posts don't make sense or that I have the wrong software.  I do click on Video Poker, I do see the regular tourneys that have always been there.  I have qualified for the Sunday tourney of $100 give-a-ways, etc.  But I have seen a huge upgrade to all of the Hold 'em and Knockout Tournaments with fantastic opportunities for winning great prizes.  I was wondering where all that was for Video Poker players?  That was what I was trying to convey.  A few weeks ago, I was given an invite to the new pool because I earned alot of points on the single player games, (which by the way has had a problem since January of last year in their triple-play, triple dbl bonus payout amounts.  For 4 aces w/kicker you only get paid 2000 points instead of the 4000 you’re supposed to get.  I have sent print screens and dozens of emails about it, and I too get the same lame generic response that some problems take longer.  A year now?  I mean really!!!)
 Anyway, back to what my concern was.  I registered for the new Sunday game, etc.  However when I checked in, I was presented as sitting at a Hold 'Em table for a three hour play.  I had to beg out.  There was no Video Poker to be found.  And all the ads about new Video poker games?  There aren't any, it's all table poker!!!  I was there)!!
It would be nice to have seen VP players prize packages go up like you say would/might happen if more people played.  Well, I guess more people would have if there weren't so many unfixed problems.  I didn't give up because I love playing tpl dbl bns pkr, and kept hoping to win my 4000 points!  Maybe Zen could have increased a video tourney growth for VP too like the other games, but with only the $5 contests, and all the problems, we didn't stand a chance.  I hope maybe this will be easier to understand.  Now this is when, after sending my opinion to Zen support, I was informed that they will be discontinuing VP games, etc. on Jan 5th.  Again, we need the support team to do what they're supposed too, and bring back the Video Poker.  I also froze up a few times with great scores, and couldn't re-join either.  Maybe someone should investigate further.  Is it possible that maybe some illegal activity occurred?  Or was VP sabotaged?  It sure seems strange that so many people have complained, and now all the attention is on the Hold 'em games. 
I mean...look at those prizes!!!!  Let's try again guys!!!  Thank you Mr. SleazyRider

SleazyRider
Forum Rookie

Post by SleazyRider »

Zen Gaming released their new software as scheduled on Jan. 5.  As expected, it lacks Video Poker Tournaments, and only has Hold'em Tournaments. I did have trouble installing the new software on both my Windows XP and Windows 7 machines. On both the XP and Windows 7 machines I turned off the Firewall and Antivirus software for the install.  I also turned off the User Account Control setting on the Windows 7 machine for the install.  The XP machine update finally worked.  I could not get the Windows  7 version to update.  So I deleted the old version and downloaded a new version.  The url address they gave for the download did not work.  I had to use the link given in the FAQs.  If you are having problems with installation, I suggest that you use the link to the announcement in my previous post and read the FAQs, as it may prove helpful. If you are still having problems, post here and we will see what we can do. I think that the link for the download of a new copy of the software is:       http://games.nlop.com/download/vpc/GameInstaller.exe I am not impressed with the new release.  There is a gray Facebook pane covering part of the user interface window that cannot be closed, and this appears to be a software bug.   

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

I got an EMail yesterday from ZEN, saying they were having problems withe the new software, and would have fixes in the works as soon as they are able. I know the new Texas Hold Em game locks up, and loses connectivity, even though I have excellent signal strength on the internet.

SleazyRider
Forum Rookie

Post by SleazyRider »

A small automatic software update was released by Zen.  I don't know what it was supposed to do, but it didn't fix that gray Facebook area covering part of the top level user interface window.

rivergambler
Forum Rookie

Post by rivergambler »

The new software is a piece of junk and should never gone live.  In the middle of games I get a message saying my username and password are bad.  Really?  After I have played for half an hour or more?  Or it just kicks me out.  Then when I try to log back in it just keeps deleting what I have entered and presents me with another blank login screen.  After several times of opening and closing the program it will accept what I have been putting in all along.  Sometimes I am kicked out right after placing a huge bet, then the system folds for me and I lose the hand.   On the tournament standing page during intermission there is an ad covering up the standings.  The "tournaments" page has nothing listed on it.  The "Active Game" tab doesn't work.  The Store tab says "comming soon"....LOL.And to make it all worse, they removed the video poker, which was really all I want to play anyway.  The games on videopoker.com are not enjoyable because to win you have to be dealt a royal.  All the other hands don't really matter so it gets very boring.I work for a software development company and we would never consider putting such a bug filled program in production.  And if we did let something like this get by, we would have admitted our mistakes and rolled back the update within a couple of hours.  We would not let our customers suffer because we did not properly test something.It is a real shame that they took something that was so enjoyable and replaced it with something so frustrating.  I am sure users will eventually give up and find something else to do.  I know I am looking....

SleazyRider
Forum Rookie

Post by SleazyRider »

Rivergambler,Thanks for posting your comments.  I have been meaning to post extensive comments on this new software release without Video Poker Tournaments.  However, I have been trying to play in the Zen Hold'em Tournaments the last few days in order to test the condition of the new software. A quick summary.  If the new Hold'em software does not work as well as the old software, they should bring back the old version, at least temporarily.  They may have done a partial or complete rewrite of the old software, rather than just modifying the old software.  If they insist on using the new Hold'em software, they should rerelease the old version for the Video Poker Tournaments.  After all, it was certainly better than nothing. They could take the old combo software, disable the Hold'em Tournament portions, and release it as Video Poker Tournament software. 

rivergambler
Forum Rookie

Post by rivergambler »

Found another huge bug today.  It seemed like my points were going down pretty quickly.  When I looked at my points history - I have only received the daily login bonus once out of the the last eight days I logged in.  Considering I have to log in 15-20 times per day because I keep getting kicked out you would think I would have received the bonus at least one of those times each day.I think I am not alone in saying I am disappointed that there appears to be no response from zen apologizing for what they have done or offering any details of what they plan to do to fix it.  Or for that matter even acknowledging what a disaster their "upgrade" has been.  Before they upgraded, they communicated a link to a webpage that had a headline of "Please bookmark this page as it will serve as the hub for news, schedules, updates and announcements."  This page has not been updated since before the upgrade.