Wolf VIdeo Poker

Discuss video poker programs for the home user
tolate
Forum Newbie

Re: Wolf VIdeo Poker

Post by tolate »

I have both  vbw and vbg I love vbw but find it much harder then wolf strategy but that could be because I can't get any thing but basic  I also have bvs before this month I knew nothing about video poker but since my friend show me I will not play anything else we go to play once a week he has played for 50 years and I watch him win just about each time so I do know stratigy pays off but I am having hard time learning so any help I appreciate

Quad Deuces

Post by Quad Deuces »

My main problem with Wolf is the copy protection scheme.  It doesn't like being played in a virtual machine and keeps kicking my license.  Pain in the Barack when you want to practice for tomorrow's promotion but can't because of some STUPID SCHEME to inconvenience your paying customers to protect your own revenue and nothing can be done to remedy the situation until Monday morning.The main feature that stands out to me in favor of Wolf is its ability to insert hands into your practice flow based on what you've screwed up on before.  VPFW does it, sort of, but all you can do is replay - awkwardly - your previous mistakes or tell it to only give you "mixed, beginner, intermediate or advanced" hands.  When you expect an advanced hand, you tend to do better at recognizing it.Wolf will randomly interject hands of the type you have misplayed before.  A welcome feature.VPFW's bankroll calculator extending into 3, 5, and 10-line play is superior to anything I have tried.I want to try Paymar's Mac software but at $60, I can't justify it without at least a 30-day trial period.

EricRayS
Forum Newbie

Post by EricRayS »

The Wolf Video Poker Lite demo is cool. Defaulting to job 7/5, it gives me a glimpse of all the games available in the paid version.

I'm tempted to buy it but I'm starting to use my ipad more than my laptop. I guess I'll have to stick with http://www.videopokertrainer.org on my ipad but it isn't nearly as powerful as Wolf since it only has 4 games and it is more of a calculator than a trainer.

Quad Deuces

Post by Quad Deuces »

I play more hands on WinPoker for the iPhone than anything else.

EricRayS
Forum Newbie

Post by EricRayS »

I play more hands on WinPoker for the iPhone than anything else.

I'll have to try winpoker.

Quad Deuces

Post by Quad Deuces »

Not that WinPoker is better than VPFW and WVP, it's just always with me.  It informs you of mistakes and keeps a running % of best play based on those mistakes.A nice feature is that it allows negative cash so instead of getting interrupted to add more credits you just know what you won or lost.  Since it doesn't really matter as long as the % of best play is 100% it's nice to not have to deal with it.

Quad Deuces

Post by Quad Deuces »

Another feature Wolf has over VPFW is the ability to change the paytable on Deuces Wild to include natural 4-of-a-kind bonuses.  It's not perfect (I don't believe it will calculate 5-of-a-kind with only one deuce correctly) but it's handy for calculating return such as Main Street Station's current scratcher promo or any other "card of the day"-style promotion where Deuces Wild is the best game available.

asteroid

Post by asteroid »

Hi, is Excel 2003 too old to run the bank roll assistant (WVPBA.xls) ? I cannot get the bank roll assistant to run after pasting the pay table information from a vp variant in WVP following the instructions in the bank roll assistant workbook. The e-mail address for the Bank Roll Assistant's author, Gary Caller (pseudonym I guess), is no longer valid (Jim Wolf forwarded my tech support request to him, but he might be busy or unavailable due to the holidays). I get the errors shown below (images also uploaded to http://pasteboard.co/hh2NheLLs.jpg).thanks.

TinkerbellWings
Forum Newbie

Post by TinkerbellWings »

Is there a good VP software for android phones? I don't think you can get VPFW on android, or can you?

rsactuary
Forum Regular

Post by rsactuary »

Is there a good VP software for android phones? I don't think you can get VPFW on android, or can you?Try Perfect VP Pro