The Confidence Quantifier

Discuss video poker programs for the home user
Frank Kneeland
VP Veteran

The Confidence Quantifier

Post by Frank Kneeland »

I've been struggling to release The Confidence Quantifier utility for download on my website since mentioning it in my monthly Blackjack News letter article, and have learned the harsh lesson of trying to create software on a deadline.I just plugged real random data into it which took me two weeks to accumulate (I used a physical deck of cards) and then tried non-random data generated by a non-random method. The utility told me that there was a 99.9999% chance the random data was truly random, but unfortunately, it also told me there was a 99.99% chance the made up data was also random.Bottom Line: The utility is not sensitive enough given the chosen sample size, so I'm going to have to rethink it, simplify it, and try again.I'm very sorry for all the delays, but there really wasn't anyway to know it would take this long until I tested it and it failed.I'll post when it's complete.~FK

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Frank, it is just good to see you back posting again. I hope that you are doing well.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Hey Frank, good to see you up and about. Welcome back.

Frank Kneeland
VP Veteran

Post by Frank Kneeland »

I can't tell you how sorry I am this darn thing is taking so long to get right. I'm just glad no one is too mad at me for saying it would be done at a particular time and then missing the deadline so utterly and completely. I think I'm 3 months behind schedule which is bad even by Microsoft standards:)I can tell you this, I will never set a hard deadline for a software project again!I've learned they get done when you finish them and not a minute sooner.~FK

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Welcome back Mr. Kneeland.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I don't think anyone is holding you to a deadline, Frank. And, as an old software developer all I can say is ... welcome to the club.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Frank, walk toward the storm.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I for one am furious because I have been trying to quantify my confidence ever since high school prom.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Eduardo if you had just been totally honest with your prom date you wouldn't have suffered from "Prom Envy."    As for shadowman, keep adding to the lawsuit buddy just keep adding...lol   Oh, welcome back Frank.

brmcc74

Post by brmcc74 »

Nice to hear from you Frank