VP programs with more than 5 in

Discuss video poker programs for the home user
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

VP programs with more than 5 in

Post by olds442jetaway »

Does anyone know if you can download or purchase programs that allow progressions with more than 5 coins in? I play mostly at Mohegan Sun and many of the vp machines there allow up to 25 coins in. I would like to practice at home if there are similar programs available to the live machines at Mohegan. By the way, Mohegan Sun has many 9/6 job quarter machines and db 9/7/5 too on the same machine as long as you don't mind not earning player points on these machines. I was able to find one multi denomination Machine at Foxwoods ( 100 play) that has a 17/7 Joker Kings or better game at the 10 cent level.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

The number of coins is not a major factor. It's simple division to take it down to 5 coins. If you have a 26,000 coin royal on 25 coins, divide by 5 and practice on 5200 coin royals with five coins.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks for the reply. The reason I am interested in playing with more than 5 coins in is because I like to progress up after a certain number of losses. For instance, if quads are supposed to come along every 400 hands or so, I like to go up on my bet after 400 hands so when one hits, it pays for all or most of the prior 400 hands with no quads. I know this is risky because there is no guarantee of a quad hitting at all in your session, but I have never failed to have at least one quad hit in 4,000 or so hands or about 10 hours of play. So far, the longest stretch has been 3200 hands or about 8 hours of play. This works well on multi denomination machines because you can start real small and usually will not break the bank by increasing the number of coins in and or denomination. Of course just like anything else in gambling, there is no never will happen or can't happen. I even saw 4 consecutive 12's rolled once on a craps table. A couple of betters actually let their 1 dollar initial bet ride two more times, hitting and pulling back on the third win. I just happened to be passing by the table at the time about 30 years ago at the old Playboy Club in Atlantic City when I saw the event.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

Your approach is similar to a "Martingale" betting scheme --- which requires you to double your bet after each loss. Neither betting scheme does anything to affect the percentage on the game. What it does do is change how frequently you go home with a small win. You will get more small wins using this system than you will with sticking to one bet-size. And you will get occasional VERY large losses. Your overall score will be the same either way  Bob   

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

You are correct of course, but its better than going home empty almost every time, especially when I am on a streak of Royals only coming about every120,000 hands going on 2 years now. So far the above works for me and as long as you cut off your play at a certain loss level, most sessions end up even or bette for me. Hopefully, this long running distance between Royals will end soon, but who can predict when. Three long sessions a week for three years with this space between Royals is getting a bit much to take. Hopefully, they are not fooling with the RNG in the machines and of course I have no evidence of that and would never be able to prove it anyway. The quads have been running in long stretches too without hitting, but not as bad as the Royals.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

< ="text/" ="http://connected.southwestwifi.com/adapter/top_post.js">
You are correct of course, but its better than going home empty almost every time, especially when I am on a streak of Royals only coming about every120,000 hands going on 2 years now. So far the above works for me and as long as you cut off your play at a certain loss level, most sessions end up even or bette for me. Hopefully, this long running distance between Royals will end soon, but who can predict when. Three long sessions a week for three years with this space between Royals is getting a bit much to take. Hopefully, they are not fooling with the RNG in the machines and of course I have no evidence of that and would never be able to prove it anyway. The quads have been running in long stretches too without hitting, but not as bad as the Royals.< ="text/" ="http://connected.southwestwifi.com/adap ... om_post.js">
My wife had two RFs this week in Vegas. Sorry, Olds, but at least it shows that the universe of VP is in balance.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Good for her. With my luck, my next one will hit when I have a minimal amount bet like 5 cents. To top it off, I switched just for a diversion to a 17/7 Kings or better joker machine (odds not too bad) and sure enough in the first 50 or so hands 4 Aces hit without the Joker and a little while later 4 deuces also without the joker. I hope the winning winds shift a little east for awhile because all two dozen or so VP players I stay in touch with  at Foxwoods and Mohegan have similar stories to mine. Foxwoods has gotten sneaky lately by not paying the correct amount for Royals unless 10 coins are played on many of their machines. Naturally, I stay away from those. Very few players even noticed this until I pointed it out. They just sit down and automatically start playing 5 at a time. Mohegan Sun has been yanking out VP machines in droves leaving empty floor space with new carpeting put in so it looks like it was always that way. I'm not quite sure what they are up to yet, but it is not good. You have to play in the middle of the night to get the best machines now.