Do you use Facebook? (expired)

Discuss video poker programs for the home user
Quad Deuces

Re: Do you use Facebook?

Post by Quad Deuces »

Since all your internet correspondence, phone calls, text messages, etc, are being fiber split and recorded forever by the feds who cares about facebook privacy settings?

royal flush
Video Poker Master

Post by royal flush »

dont make it any easier

Ohio Bob
Forum Regular

Post by Ohio Bob »

I use FB  and enjoy it. I generally keep things pretty locked down. Every once in a  while I like to post that I'll be out of town for a few days, then I stay home with the lights off LOL! This time I caught a guy  coming thru my  basement window!  Crazy! Oh well..got to run to Walmart I`m out of plastic tarps, duct tape and bleach.  and I think the tool rental has the backhoe ready for pu.Just kidding!

katipug

Post by katipug »

not me, I get in enough trouble on here and chat!

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

The universe does not need to know what I buy, who my friends are, my polical beliefs, where I'm going, where I've been or what I'm thinking.  The whole idea of Facebook was thought up by people who want to make money from exploiting your information.   I realize many people love it, but they should think about the potential harm they are exposing themselves to.  "Just because it's on the Internet, doesn't make it right or true". 

dbldbl scotty

Post by dbldbl scotty »

many people at one point (and some still think) the internet itself posed potential harm...

JT
Forum Regular

Post by JT »

My problem with FB apps is that they spam my friends' feeds. I can't stand it when I get 800 invites for Candy Crush or Farmcrap or whatever the latest idiocy is, so I don't use apps and don't play games on there.

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Check out "worst passwords" AND "worst pin numbers"on the net. IF yours is among them, it might be time for you to change your password or pin number. A senior, in front of me at the bank, who may have had a hearing problem, blurted out loudly "1 2 3 4" to the bank teller. OMG! When she asked for his ATM pin, she meant he should swipe his ATM card at the counter gadget in front of him. The rest of us in the bank avoided eye contact and struggled to keep that poker face!

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I make my living on the Internet and it doesn't scare me.  On the other hand, I understand more than most how exposed and vulnerable users are to having their personal information used in a way they never intended.  We are just beginning to learn how much this could be of potential harm.  If you swim in a pool you are going to get wet, but you don't have to dive into the deep end with an anchor around your neck. 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

My problem with FB apps is that they spam my friends' feeds. I can't stand it when I get 800 invites for Candy Crush or Farmcrap or whatever the latest idiocy is, so I don't use apps and don't play games on there. You can change your overall personal settings, or for each individual app, to prevent any messages from going to your friends. Also on your news feed, click in the top right corner of any post from Candy Crush etc and block it... you'll never be bugged by it again no matter what your friends' settings are.I use facebook to keep up with family and friends, and have my privacy settings set accordingly. I also don't take those privacy settings for granted so there isn't any valuable information on Facebook that I share, so I enjoy it for what it can do.