ADS, ADS AND MORE ADS.

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
TsuDoNihm
Forum Regular

Re: ADS, ADS AND MORE ADS.

Post by TsuDoNihm »

My service runs about 80+ meg and I still get constant pauses, audio, and visual errors. It isn't "too" disruptive, or at least not as bad what some previous posters have written, but I can't imagine how people with lower speeds manage to play.

But this morning I had a new experience that, if permanent, is going to drive me away. While playing in the contest, (after viewing an ad of course), I had not one but 2 different movie ads play on the top screen. first was for Ortho Home Defense, 2nd for some Spanish thing but since I only speak 'merican I don't know what it was.
Are we now going to be subjected to ongoing movies while we play?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Where did that appear exactly... within the banner at the top of the screen or within the game area?

TsuDoNihm
Forum Regular

Post by TsuDoNihm »

Where did that appear exactly... within the banner at the top of the screen or within the game area?

It was in the banner at the top of the screen. I had never seen that before, nor has it happened since then.

Edited to add after a few hours...

It did it again this morning. This image shows the movie timer even though nothing is moving;

It went on to play 3 or 4 more movie ads.

And then I went to play the daily and was 40 hands in, (no long pauses; just straight playing), and the screen switched to the movie instead of the game. I had to watch that, and then restart my game that was in progress. I'd never had that happen before.

Is this stuff an aberration or the new normal?

1laughing
Forum Rookie

Post by 1laughing »

Here we go again. Quit playing on this site because of SLOW to EXTRA SLOW play.
Came back to try again---Having same problem.
You ask us to watch ads as game loading to keep gamers free. We gladly watch.
Game starts and 3 ads pop up and stops the game or brings it to a very slow crawl.
Once the game starts I and most players pay ZERO attention to the ads. So why kill the fun with 3 pop up ads?

oobla
Forum Rookie

Post by oobla »

I gave up trying to play the contests as the constant ad changes made it virtually impossible.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We have attempted to remove some of the video ads that appear in the top banner. If you see another one, please let us know which URL it clicks through to (copy/paste the full address) and we will attempt to remove it.

bajmurray
Forum Newbie

Post by bajmurray »

It took me 90 minutes to play the monthly contest today, which is becoming the standard. Three ads running at the same time just slows everything down to a crawl. I had to cancel out and come back in at least 4 times, the last time with only 4 hands left in the session!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Bajmurray,
I'm changing your ad provider. Please let me know if things improve.

bajmurray
Forum Newbie

Post by bajmurray »

Much better today. Thanks!

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

This is ridiculous. I realize that ads help keep you in business but why repeat the same ads over & over and reload them to boot? It's made the contests impossible to play. I have plenty of bandwidth and games have slowed to a crawl due to the ads and reloads. mozilla 55.x (same issue on 56.x)win 7 pro8G ram