stack em high - (not broken) (12/16/19)

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

stack em high - (not broken) (12/16/19)

Post by chiefsquirrel »

Besides the game playing very slow & jerky, the bonus doesn't work for DWDB.
I've been dealt 2 deuces twice. Bonus was activated - supposed to get 8 extra hands.
Only 3 hands appear above but are not filled with deuces I selected/saved from below. On hitting draw again, only the bottom 5 hands are dealt. All the bonus hands are ignored.

I hope that support gets this fixed quickly OR they remove the deuces wild options altogether.

Does anyone test these new games?

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

TDB seems to work properly.
BUT, the game is crazy jerky fills and flipping back and forth, to and from the bonus hands before the bottom 5 hands are even filled.

Is this an experimental game?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It's working fine here. And yes, of course they are tested but occasionally a bug will slip through. If you find one, please email it to forum@videopoker.com as we may have some more questions to ask in order to be able to duplicate it. A screenshot as an attachment always helps the most.

Like I said, the bonus in the DBDW game is working fine here at the moment, testing in both Chrome and Firefox.

The correct operation should be that you receive a total of 8 hands (original 5, plus 3). When the bonus is triggered, base hands become bonus hands (the bonus includes the stacking feature, where drawn 2's will be duplicated in all hands above) so the total is listed as "8 bonus hands" on the See Pays screen.

The deuces will fill the top hands when you hold them, and only if you hold only the deuces. Holding additional cards will cause the bonus not to run, which may be what you experienced.

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

I use firefox v71.0.

I am NOT dumb. I held the 2 deuces BOTH times. It filled the bottom 5 hands but the top hands displayed (3 only of 8) were ignored.

WHY does it work for TDB (at least for 3 extra hands) but not DWDB for me? There is something quirky going on here. All the other gimic games have worked fine for me. And, why is this thing so jerky? Does it think I'm in full screen mode because I'm not.

I emailed support twice already but I'll forward the last email to forum. It has 4 screenshots.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Not sure why you are seeing it when I am not, but we'll check it out. I am in Firefox 71 as well. Thanks for sending screenshots.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

In one of your screenshots, you were holding a pair of Jacks along with your 2's and in the other, you were holding a pair of 8's. The bonus will only trigger when holding only the 2's. Holding additional cards will cause the bonus not to run (you have to discard the other pair).

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

yes, I was holding the jacks. WHERE in the pay tables is THAT exception noted?
WHY would I have to throw away 4 jacks? That is incredibly ludicrous game play.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It is in the first page of the help menu. Yes, it is a strategic decision at that point. Will you get better cards with the bonus, or locking in your 4 of a kind? We should have training on this game before long and it will be interesting to see the correct hold in these cases.

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

According to IGT, this game was just released this month? IMO, it definitely needs some work. And, I really dislike being a guinea pig for new releases of anything.

It still makes no sense (strategic or otherwise) since the odds of getting the last 2 deuces is infinitesimal. The odds are much better getting one card (Jack or deuce) to fill the hands.

But, I DID hold just 2 deuces the first time, the game gave me the bonus hands (I think) but none were played. I'll try it again though.

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

DBDW is working correctly now. I've sent an email to forum about it.
Thanks