AC Restaurants Update

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: AC Restaurants Update

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:02 pm
Whenever someone smokes or vapes, they breathe out respiratory droplets. So if near someone smoking and you can smell the smoke, and that person has COVID-19, you're at risk of Covid.
Um, not if you are wearing a mask.......and social distance........and wash your hands regularly.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

We can each have our own science. Mask won’t protect eyes, afaik.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:12 pm
We can each have our own science. Mask won’t protect eyes, afaik.
My COVID-19 science comes from the CDC, where does yours come from? Just because 1 virologist claims that he contracted COVID-19 through his eyes does not make it so. If the eyes were a critical entry point wouldn't there be just as big a push for eye protection as there is for mouth/nose protection?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Eyes aren’t critical, sure. Just an ancillary point. My post has plenty of backing. I don’t know what your beef is. Usual cantankerous self!

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Tedlark wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:08 pm
FAA wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:02 pm
Whenever someone smokes or vapes, they breathe out respiratory droplets. So if near someone smoking and you can smell the smoke, and that person has COVID-19, you're at risk of Covid.
Um, not if you are wearing a mask.......and social distance........and wash your hands regularly.
Second Hand Smoke and Covid 19. https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... oronavirus

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Webman wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:09 am
Removing two posts that got overly political. Which of course is allowed, but only in the Anything and Everything forum. I know there is a muddy line here... somehow we have to be able to discuss events in AC that will verge into how they are handled by the local politicians.

But veering off into the President or "liberals and Republicans" in general will surely just lead us down the path that other political threads follow.

Some people might just want to follow and discuss updates on AC Restaurants.

Let's try to keep this focused on the local issues so people who want to enjoy AC can get some info instead of the same political debates we have grown used to. For those, please head to Anything and Everything, there is plenty to keep you busy. Thanks.
Leaving AC's post about governmental failings wihout rebuttal posts plainly nails your political bias. California people are predictable. :down:

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Discussing the local government's role in restaurant openings is perfectly valid. Feel free. Bringing up Trump or Biden or Liberals or Conservatives in this discussion is not, simply because they are already being discussed ad nauseum elsewhere.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Wearing your facial covering (mask) does not protect you from getting covid. Your mask helps limit the distance your covid droplets travel. That is what the mask does. Limiting the distance of droplets limits the spread.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Looking forward to Happy Hour at Docks oyster House, Knife and Fork and chart House. About time.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thrue, but the mask is some help in the other direction too. Lack of air curculation, ventilation, air currents, play a huge part in all of this. Also they are finally zeroing in on airborne transmission. I told all of my family and friends back in January, they were outright wrong in telling us there is no airborne transmission. It all comes down to particle droplet size and things I have listed above. I had projects in Microbiology back in the 1960s having to do with particle size and air currents. Basic science and facts in that regard do not change. Don’t forget, there are 10,000,000 viruses of various types in a single drop of seawater. That is how small viruses are. Some of the smallest droplets like from a sneeze or cough can travel great distances when combined with wind and air currents. Finally, when you can smell smoke from somebody’s cigarette, you can be sure that you are taking in something that has been in someone elses lungs. Unfortunately, air you breathe that you cannot smell, has been in someone elses lungs too.