Trump tests positve for CV19.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Re: Trump tests positve for CV19.

Post by Eduardo »

Tedlark wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:18 pm
billryan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:42 am
How would you like to be the two Secret Service guys who now have to quarantine for two weeks for trump to have a photo-op?
And how would you have liked to have been the Secret Service agent who took a bullet for President Reagan? Family friend by the way, for many years.
I like how one commentator put it (summarizing):
These guys sign up to take a bullet for the President if they have to. But they don't sign up to have the President be the one firing the bullets at them.

Having said that, I didn't find the special "drive-by-waving" to be particularly shocking. But it was obviously completely unnecessary for anything but the President's ego.

Someone will be transporting the President home soon. Let's all try not to be too outraged by that fact. I'm (somewhat) sure they will take all the necessary precautions.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

More outrageous to me is Trump's new motto, along the lines of "don't be afraid of the virus."

He may come through fine. Somewhere around 3,000 Americans died from the virus while he was in the hospital. I don't think their families appreciate being told it's relatively harmless.

It may be true that one's risk is relatively low. Even so, the lack of tact that comes from his mouth is absurd.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Eduardo wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:07 pm
Tedlark wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:18 pm
billryan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:42 am
How would you like to be the two Secret Service guys who now have to quarantine for two weeks for trump to have a photo-op?
And how would you have liked to have been the Secret Service agent who took a bullet for President Reagan? Family friend by the way, for many years.
I like how one commentator put it (summarizing):
These guys sign up to take a bullet for the President if they have to. But they don't sign up to have the President be the one firing the bullets at them.

Having said that, I didn't find the special "drive-by-waving" to be particularly shocking. But it was obviously completely unnecessary for anything but the President's ego.

Someone will be transporting the President home soon. Let's all try not to be too outraged by that fact. I'm (somewhat) sure they will take all the necessary precautions.
Even when they take the proper precautions, they are supposed to go into quarantine for at least ten days.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

He says he feels better than he has in twenty years. Amazing what a dose of steroids will do.
Do not be afraid of the corona virus.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

billryan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:14 pm
He says he feels better than he has in twenty years.
Based on the evidence, the secret to Making America Great Again may lie in dropping coronavirus containers on every major city and handing out treatments like candy. We'll all be better in no time!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I wouldn't be surprised if his fans have covid parties to celebrate his conquering the disease.
One of his underlings was on tv claiming having covid makes him more qualified than Biden to lead the fight against the chinese invader. Who can argue with logic like that?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:01 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if his fans have covid parties to celebrate his conquering the disease.
One of his underlings was on tv claiming having covid makes him more qualified than Biden to lead the fight against the chinese invader. Who can argue with logic like that?
You?

Kidding, kidding.....

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

billryan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:14 pm
He says he feels better than he has in twenty years. Amazing what a dose of steroids will do.
Do not be afraid of the corona virus.
President Trump was not given steroids.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Yes, he was. The medicines he was given are a matter of record. I've no idea where you get your news from, but if they are saying he wasn't given a steroid treatment, it might be time to find a new source.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

The show I saw did not have the steroid listed but the other 7 were listed. It must have been an older show.