RIP Eddie Van Halen

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Post by Waiting4RF »

RIP Eddie Van Halen the greatest rock guitarist.
Also, Neil Peart drummer from Rush passed away back in January. Both of them influenced my drums and guitar playing. They are gone but their music lives on.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Sad news indeed...Rock lost a legend. One of the greatest guitar players of all time.
RIP Eddie Van Halen.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ditto.....Influenced me as well. We had a little hack band at UCONN. Still remember playing at the student union hall back in 1968 and 1969 Chicago’s Twenty Five or Six to Four. My earliest teachers were the Ventures. Still have the record with the lessons. Guess if I had to, I could still play Walk Don’t Run blindfolded and after a few. Maybe quite a few! One of my favorites is Van Halen’s Hot For Teacher. Attempted to play it for the wife when she got her first teaching job in the public schools around the time the song came out. She was not really amused, but laughed and said.... you better go back and play the record again.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I liked and respected Eddie for his incredible talent and his public personality, but couldn't stand his band, mostly because of the front guys.
In college, I made a pact with one of my housemates. He would attend a Grateful Dead show if I'd go to a Van Halen one. We ended up seeing a side group of the Dead, Bobby and the Midnights, and Craig became a lifelong Deadhead. In fact, he flew in to Las Vegas for their show two years ago.
I, on the other hand, had to sit through two and a half hours of David Lee Roth prissing around stage in spandex three sizes too small for him and making jokes that fifth grade boys might appreciate.
I never understood why Eddie put up with that nonsense.
The guitar player of a generation playing Hot for Teacher. It was like watching Stieneck write Mad Libs.