With 24 days before the election.....

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
felix

With 24 days before the election.....

Post by felix »

24 days from now a new president will be elected and he will start planning for his administration. This is beyond dispute.....the race might tighten some, but President Trump cannot overcome polling deficits as deep as he is now facing with so little time left. Hopefully, those on this forum who are strong supporters of Trump will accept the election results, wish President-elect Biden well, and extend an olive branch to those of us on this forum who supported Biden, just as we will extend an olive branch and the hand of friendship to you. Thanks, Felix

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Vote Early and Often.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

billryan wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:54 am
Vote Early and Often.
Yes Mayor Daley. :lol:

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Funny thing is that while many people think Daley said this, there is little evidence of it. Same with Al Capone. A British reporter,commenting on American elections, used the phrase in 1859, but may have just been commenting on something he heard.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Not so fast felix, here are some shocking numbers from 2016, Crooked Hillery had 8.4 lead in PA lost. She had 10.7 lead in MI lost. A 6.7 lead in poll for WI lost. Trump had 6.0 lead in TX won by 9.0. Polls really don't mean much. What's going to matter is how many inner City folk vote if they get absentee ballots. That's what will decide this one and Biden might just have the edge there.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Can you show us what polls had those numbers?

Chicagoan

Post by Chicagoan »

wildman49 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:48 pm
Not so fast felix, here are some shocking numbers from 2016, Crooked Hillery had 8.4 lead in PA lost. She had 10.7 lead in MI lost. A 6.7 lead in poll for WI lost. Trump had 6.0 lead in TX won by 9.0. Polls really don't mean much. What's going to matter is how many inner City folk vote if they get absentee ballots. That's what will decide this one and Biden might just have the edge there.
Wildman, As I understand it, the difference between 2016 and 2020 is that there are far fewer undecided voters. So with undecideds so much lower, there has been and will be less variation between now and election day. Of course there could still be an October surprise but with the leads Biden has in the battleground states it will take a very big October surprise.

In 2016 Clinton and Trump had several lead changes and the margin moved up and down quite a bit. In 2020 Biden has basically had a lead since March with quite a bit of stability. This is as I understand it, not partisan cheering.

The other big difference that I have seen first-hand is so many seniors that I know of personally who have changed from voting Trump in 2016 to voting Biden in 2020. I am amazed at how many I know of.

I don't think Biden is going to win by any 14 point margin like some of the polls say, but I do think it is going to be a really decisive win for him. This is objective -- I am a long-time Republican and Ronald Reagan was my favorite president. But I cannot vote for Trump again.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I still think he may pull it out. IMO he would be ahead if he didn’t have a Twitter account and not dispute the science behind the virus. Just my opinion, but those are his biggest boo boobos. I agree with most of what he has done since the elrction in 2016. Guess we will see what happens. Don’t be surprised if some sort of bombshell happening or announcement a week or so before the election comes out

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

If we had a book of policies alone, I might have supported him myself.

If he wasn't on TV... or Twitter... and if not for the word of all the former administration members and military leaders who worked closely with him and question his fitness. Unfortunately, these things have all shown us the man behind the curtain. A man that none of us would be wise to entrust a penny to, much less running the country.

When it comes to those policies, they are not based on conviction. They have only aligned with his base because that is what brings him the most personal admiration, the one thing he craves above anything else on earth.

So, policies are of course important. Find a different man to promote those policies and a better way of doing so without spewing childish vitriol. Shame on the Republican party for their embrace of this man.

The damage Trump has done to our country and our reputation far outweighs any momentary gain from policy (which can be unraveled as easily as it was sewn). Most importantly, he has contributed to turning Americans against ourselves. Repairing that will be the hardest task of all.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

billryan wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:43 pm
Can you show us what polls had those numbers?
https://www.thetrafalgargroup.org/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... map.html#!

I don't give a Chit about polls other then these 2 sites, they are the only 2 to get it right in 2016. The real clear site was #1 in 2016