NBA wokeness

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Re: NBA wokeness

Post by Carcounter »

As for the NBA, heard this morning the ratings for game 6, which decided the series drew 5.2 million viewers this year. Last year the deciding game drew 17.5 million. Might have been a game 7 last year, but that is a dropoff!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Last years finals weren't up against the MLB playoffs, a Presidential debate and multiple NFL games.
Last year also featured a Canadian team that attracted the whole county as opposed to this years small market Miami team.
I didn't watch a minute of the resumed season or the playoffs. They would have been better off not picking up the season, and just starting the new one on time.I've yet to hear when they will start the season that should have already started.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

blah! blah! blah!

-why did the NBA president already state the public will see less social justice crap next year, if it were not having a negative impact? also stated 'fans..want to watch a basketball game'.

-just listen to the kelly vs cuban interview. sports sites report 'kelly DESTROYED cuban', 'kelly DEMOLISHED cuban'. as the public finds out the NBA is more beholden to china than the usa, the fans will drop. and, that most certainly includes black fans!

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

"social justice crap"? Good god, you are really a horrible person. I say this as a grandmother to children of mixed race. You don't know what they are put through by people with the same mindset as you. All you ever expose is hatred.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

rockinrobin wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:59 pm
"social justice crap"? Good god, you are really a horrible person. I say this as a grandmother to children of mixed race. You don't know what they are put through by people with the same mindset as you. All you ever expose is hatred.
I used to think he was simply ignorant, but it obviously runs much deeper. Or is it shallower?

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

The nba freak show blew it's own game.
They let their player run business get hi-jacked.
They deserve what they are getting!
What next season? WHO CARES!!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

tech58 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:25 pm
The nba freak show blew it's own game.
They let their player run business get hi-jacked.
They deserve what they are getting!
What next season? WHO CARES!!
The lady doth protest too much.

Kenzor
Forum Newbie

Post by Kenzor »

The financial importance of the Celestial Empire for the NBA is most eloquent in the numbers. Last year, for example, about 800 million people watched the NBA fights on television, on digital channels and on smartphones, which is 2.5 times more than the entire US population, including, as they say, the elderly and infants. This impressive viewership, to put it mildly, brings the league a lot of money, which is now threatened by politics.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

rockinrobin wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:59 pm
you are really an ignorant person. skip the bio, 'mixed race grandma'. gives you no more credibility than anyone else. you think all the destruction being done on the streets of large liberal run cities is really 'social justice'? only a fool would watch the looting that has been taking place and call that social justice. and, the destruction of private and government property, the burning down of businesses is 'social justice', what a crock! mob rule is justice?

what exactly are YOU teaching those grand kids? if they don't get what you want, it is ok to take from someone else or simply destroy it? all the problems in the black community are the fault of whites? it is ok to have multiple children, by multiple fathers, who never take responsibility for the kids they created, is that what you teach? where the hell are all those black fathers?

maybe, you should start by teaching personal responsibility. do you really want me to quote the number of black babies that are aborted, or the percentage of black mothers who have babies from multiple partners? how about black high school graduation rates?

that's why the majority of the social justice actions occurring is just crap!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

You've got to be taught, before it's too late, ..........
Can you imagine living almost seventy years and not having seven a twinge of basic humanity? To be so afraid that your only reaction to different thinking is mindlessly attacking it? It's common behavior in dogs, especially a dog that has been abused. I used to think the difference between a dog and a person is a person has a soul. Sadly, the rants and actions of some people have now convinced me that not every person has one.