Two more policemen shot today

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Two more policemen shot today

Post by Tedlark »

A 51 year old Salvadorean with a long criminal history shot and killed a Houston Police Sergeant who was just weeks away from his retirement and wounded a 2nd 3 year veteran of the Houston Police department after the officers responded to a location to investigate a domestic violence complaint. Officers had been called to the same location several times at that location for domestic violence this past weekend.

Sergeant Harold Lloyd Preston
Houston Police Department

Sworn Date: August 25th, 1979
End of Watch: October 20th, 2020

HPD Academy Class: 86
Years of Service: 41

When will WE take back OUR streets? Oh let me guess, if social workers responded to this call we'd have a dead social worker instead of a soon to be retired policeman. At least Sgt. Preston's family was with him at the hospital when he succumbed to his injuries.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

ted, how did your covid test work out?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

notes1 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:02 pm
ted, how did your covid test work out?
Waiting for the results, tested first thing Monday morning and it takes 4-7 days for the results to come back.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Prayers Ted. And there will be a dead Psychologist too. They want to bring both. If they do, they better have the same intensive training as the police and be armed. Fat chance of that!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:21 am
Prayers Ted. And there will be a dead Psychologist too. They want to bring both. If they do, they better have the same intensive training as the police and be armed. Fat chance of that!
Because there was no chance a trained social worker might have defused this non-criminal situation, right? Only armed officers could handle getting the woman belongings from her ex-boyfriend?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

billryan wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:31 am
olds442jetaway wrote:
Because there was no chance a trained social worker might have defused this non-criminal situation, right? Only armed officers could handle getting the woman belongings from her ex-boyfriend? Ted says they had been called there before for domestic violence. Thats contrary to the reports I see on line. They had responded to a request to get the woman belongings and the man was either not home or wouldn't answer the door if he was. The articles I read don't mention any domestic violence in the current series of events.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Test result aside, hope you are feeling alright Ted.

People who I've known to be tested got the usual 4-7 days line as well, but usually received their result within about 48 hours. Perhaps it varies based on risk, or proximity to a testing center. Hopefully you get a result soon as not knowing for such a long period is certainly not great.

I hope they get rapid tests in wider distribution soon. I've heard there are some great ones out there, but haven't met anyone who was lucky enough to get one. Maybe they are only done in hospitals or something right now.

Back onto the subject, I hope that the anti-police rhetoric and "defunding" movements die out quickly. It is absolutely the wrong approach to dealing with a problem I think we all know could always get better, but not like this. The growing animosity towards those who serve and protect us all is very disheartening. The environment it has created only lends itself to these sorts of attacks being viewed as somehow justified. Disgusting. My heart goes out to the families.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

billryan wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:35 am
billryan wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:31 am
olds442jetaway wrote:
Because there was no chance a trained social worker might have defused this non-criminal situation, right? Only armed officers could handle getting the woman belongings from her ex-boyfriend? Ted says they had been called there before for domestic violence. Thats contrary to the reports I see on line. They had responded to a request to get the woman belongings and the man was either not home or wouldn't answer the door if he was. The articles I read don't mention any domestic violence in the current series of events. In fact, the last time his girlfriend called the police, the police report states that the investigating officers did not believe an assault occurred. Not that there wasn't evidence that it happened, but that they believed it was a made-up event.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

BR, I don't know what you are trying to do, but it's not working. :)

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Webman wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:44 am
BR, I don't know what you are trying to do, but it's not working. :)
I made the post at 11:21 and then tried to edit it a few minutes later. I'm not sure why it did what it did. It wasn't intentional and if you can edit it, please do.