Unfortunately this site is no longer usable

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
farfelnugen
Forum Newbie

Re: Unfortunately this site is no longer usable

Post by farfelnugen »

Sigh.

The site refuses to function with any degree of consistency when ads are running. Sometimes it's fine. Other times, FUBAR.

It really was fun while it lasted.

I'm concluding that it's time to pony up and go silver or gold, or just go, as in poof/away.

As fate/luck/randomness would have it, I hit a Royal today. Maybe it's a sign. Go out with a minor victory at the top of my game, so to speak.

arno
Forum Rookie

Post by arno »

Back to the same crap with IE and Chrome.

larry thebigguy
Forum Newbie

Post by larry thebigguy »

I agree. The new system allows ads that are too powerful. The ads change rapidly and stress the system.      Tonight an ad that ran in the bottom area that is not normally visable made my screen flash and lower to the bottom area. My games freeze and I have to restart losing the score. I'm not going to pay just because the free side has been ruined.                                           The system can't handle ads with motion,advanced graphics , and sound.     THE BIG GUY

rivergambler
Forum Rookie

Post by rivergambler »

Yes - the last few days it has been back to the same thing.  It took me 25 minutes to play 31 hands of the monthly contest.  I have tried Firefox and IE.  With Firefox the Plug in container goes up to 50-60% CPU with only 5000-6000 of memory being used.  As soon as the CPU drops to around 20 the game will start up again.  With IE the CPU and memory would both jump up and freeze everything.I can't see the bottom add, but here is what was on the other two when it froze:Special K in both spotsRaisin Bran in both spotsBlack in both spots (twice for this one)Larabar and Hidden ValleyPet Hair Messes (never saw who the ad was for) and Hidden Valley

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We believe we have located an ad (which appears in various forms) responsible for this slowdown and it will be removed soon by the ad network.

We play ads to keep basic membership free, so use of ad blockers is not permitted at this time.

arno
Forum Rookie

Post by arno »

Thanks, the games have been playing ok these past few days.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

It is definitely a lot better now - but still not totally trouble free. I just had two freeze ups on the daily game, plus one on the weekly game, playing on my Apple laptop.

In all three cases, alll three ads were for American Express Gold Rewards.

Hx Prof
Forum Newbie

Post by Hx Prof »

The games have frozen up every time I have played (free) for the past several weeks, including today. (I had 5 of kind in Deuces on the bottom row and it would not unfreeze to let me draw). The site is unusable. Moving on, unless they really do fix it.

Hx Prof
Forum Newbie

Post by Hx Prof »

Yes. In response to not being able to see the whole game.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Just tried to play the daily game. Fourteen hands played - three freeze ups. It was somewhat similar last night for a while - freeze up about every five hands! It's not much fun.