Hurray for Bollywood.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Hurray for Bollywood.

Post by billryan »

Just watched an epic Bollywood movie: Panipat-the Great Betrayal.
It's based on a true story of an Afgan invasion of Hindistan. I've no idea what year it was in as they use a different calendar than we now use, but the armies have some primitive muskets and early cannons.
Incredible pagentry and the final battle scenes have tens of thousands of extras, not a bunch of computer-generated nonsense. They make a point of showing how Hindus and Muslims fought together, on both sides.
Being a Bollywood movie, they had to work in two song and dance numbers, but this one had an unexpected third and fourth number. It was a little unsettling to see thousands of men doing a dance number on a battlefield with tens of thousands of dead and wounded.
Sub-titles can be a bit distracting but the sheer epicness of this production was numbing.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

How did you watch this? I'm hoping not Netflix, because I had to cancel mine (Netflix is a business, which promotes capitalism, with the vast majority of that money flowing through DEM run cities).

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Not only did I watch it on Netflix, but I watched it on an LG tv, made by ChiComs.
After watching those 40,000 Indians kick 100,000 Afgans asses, I'm at a loss as to how some 3,000 Brits subdued the whole sub-continent.

davidearl

Post by davidearl »

billryan wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:52 pm
Not only did I watch it on Netflix, but I watched it on an LG tv, made by ChiComs.
After watching those 40,000 Indians kick 100,000 Afgans asses, I'm at a loss as to how some 3,000 Brits subdued the whole sub-continent.
The Brits had lots of gunpowder produced by the ChiCaps :x

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

It was pretty impressive watching the Hindi Elephant Cavalry take on the Afgan Camel Corp. If this was a Hollywood production, I'm sure they would have gone for the CGI version and saved a few million dollars.