Pay schedule question....

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
JDanno
Forum Rookie

Pay schedule question....

Post by JDanno »

I found several multi game machines upstairs in the video poker room of the Tunica Sheraton that had eight different pay schedules instead of the five schedules that I'm use to in Vegas. The lowest was a JoB 7/5 with the single pair showing a payoff of 3 units and went up to where the eighth level of JoB was showing a dollar value of $508.12 for the Royal Flush and the single pair paying 10 units on a nickel machine.  I couldn't see that the machines were tied together or that they were progressive at all.
My experience is pretty limited so I haven't been able to figure the return on an eight level pay schedule. Help!?  Thanks!!

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

I'm guessing, but that sounds like a machine that has maybe 10 coin bets.  Maybe higher.  I've seen machines, especially at low denominations that have 20 or more max-coins.  You should be able to press "Help" or "Help Pays" on the machine and raise the coins bet to see how high the pay table goes.  The thing is, there isn't enough room on the screen to show all of the pay schedules at once so you have to "scroll" by increasing or decreasing the coins bet to see all of the schedules.Unless you are getting the 800:1 payback on something less than max bets, then the ones that pay just 250:1 will have the same EV as minimum bet.  Only the 800:1 will give you the "full pay" version of JOB.This is just a guess from what you describe.  I might have misunderstood your question or description of the game.

JDanno
Forum Rookie

Post by JDanno »

It was a 8 coin (apparently) pay schedule. That was the number of schedules shown. First time I saw the schedule the first one on the left was showing a 10/8 for JoB. I said "Holy S**t" it's the motherload. then reason set in and I scrolled back to reveal the 7/5. Briefly, it was exciting!!
My question originally was....what is the payoff % on an expanded pay schedule? Is it any different or just the same as any old 7/5?

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

It was a 8 coin (apparently) pay schedule. That was the number of schedules shown. First time I saw the schedule the first one on the left was showing a 10/8 for JoB. I said "Holy S**t" it's the motherload. then reason set in and I scrolled back to reveal the 7/5. Briefly, it was exciting!!
My question originally was....what is the payoff % on an expanded pay schedule? Is it any different or just the same as any old 7/5?

????.... If one coin is paying 7/5, 8 coins should be worth 56/40. Not sure what the 10/8 would be as the next graduation from 7/5 would be 14/10(2 coins-in).