And another low bankroll question and GOING FOR IT

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
MikeA
Video Poker Master

Re: And another low bankroll question and GOING FOR IT

Post by MikeA »

Not to change the subject or anything but I can think of a few more ways to stretch a short roll: play nickels instead of quarters; especially if you're playing JB or another negative-expectation game, and can stand the thought of only winning 250 for a Royal, play one coin instead of five; split your roll into four, eight or ten equal shares and take a break after each time you lose a share or double up.

Bottom line, the longer you play the more chances you have to hit a big hand; and the way to make your roll last longest is to play for maximum expected value on each hand.

Hear-Hear!~  A man after my own heart!  Gotta get me one of them thar  ROR calculators!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

You may want to check out:

http://www.lotspiech.com/poker/GamblersRuin.html

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

I have played with the calculator at that site.  It's not exactly what I'm looking for, but it does give a pretty realistic number though I think it is based on simulated play rather than a straight calculation.

I am surprised that it doesn't have Double Double Bonus as one of the games to calculate RoR on.

Eduardo,
You should spend some time playing around on that site in regards to your querry about the game to play with your relatively small bankroll.