Stupid move...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Re: Stupid move...

Post by jetermacaw »

I have told this story before. Woman sits down next time me at Harrahs AC and starts playing 100 hand QQs. She gets dealt a QQ, I think it was trip 9s and 3-6. She throws away the 3-6, says she's going for 4 oak and says I should mind my own business. She got 3 4oak.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

I hadn't heard that story yet, good one Jeter!

Lionqueen

Post by Lionqueen »

My brother told me his story about a year after it happened when he said "I can talk about it now". Playing $5 DW was dealt 4 deuces. He was so excited! Got his phone out and took a picture, looked at it a little longer then finally hit deal - without holding a single card. 😂

JaxSax
Forum Rookie

Post by JaxSax »

Can't help but smile reading the "chat" on this topic.   Reminded me of a stupid move early this morning. Love monthly contest(my favorite) and play it first every morning. No doing well in ranking (about 500 now) so was really excited when I was dealt 4 of a kind. A few hands later I was dealt another 4 of a kind, really excited then, 4 Jacks but 5th card wasn't face card, took a few seconds to check the point difference not having drawn face card with the 4. (pretty dumb). Had a lot on mind re today's schedule I guess. Apparently hit draw again, and in checking new score realized I failed to HOLD the cards! Yeah, pretty stupid too! But refreshing to read these chats afterward.   

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Oh you guys, I feel for you! LOL This is good stuff!!!
Makes us all feel better...

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

A few years ago, I hit a $5,500  progressive at Bally's AC. If you've been there you know there are aleays some shady characters walking around, so after I get my hand pay, I look around, make sure no one is looking at me and head for the garage. I had taken no more than a few steps when I realized I left about $150 bucks in credits on the machine. So I head back and of course the credits are gone. No more than 30 seconds.

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

When I play single line quick quads, I make a habit of dealing pressing "bet max" button, because it won't draw if you've already been dealt. This habit is to prevent thinking you're ready to deal when it's time to draw in those situations where you get junk a few hands in a row.

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

Once on quick quads accidentally held A,2,6,9,9. I must have been so tired I was dreaming.

MT1716
Forum Rookie

Post by MT1716 »

I still get a chill sometimes when I think of a mistake I almost made. I was playing a bar progressive in Tunica a few years back. There were different progressives for each suit. I hit deal and sure enough there was the dealt club RF on the screen. Players next to me congratulate me, bartender brings a drink, I get out my ID and SS card. Then I notice the progressive meter is still growing. Why isn't it reset to $1K (25 cent machines)? I suddenly realize that I have to "HOLD" all five cards--which I very carefully did. Most machines lock up on a dealt RF. I guess the logic on these not doing it is that a person might want to discard a $1300 club RF and try for a $1600 spade royal? Not me. I think of all the things I could have done to lose that royal during those few minutes of celebration/inattention.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Oh man MT1716, glad you didn't hit any buttons! Whew!!! I just want to say thanks to everyone who contributed their stories...Got some good laughs, some good advise, and some good "what not to do" LOL...You guys are awesome!!!