Superbowl preview

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Superbowl preview

Post by Tedlark »

And Bell going down didn't help much either.....

But that's how the ball bounces or the cookie crumbles or those are the breaks or .....

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Both my teams lost yesterday and sadly each game was difficult to watch for a fan as myself.  I watched Atlanta steamroll and hope they accomplish another bashing in the Superbowl.  Good Luck to the Falcons.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

both my teams won but i only picked new england because the steelers had played some bad games this season.didn't pick green bay because atlanta was playing so well all season.go falcons!!!!

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

In fairness to Pittsburgh, they totally shot themselves in the foot against my Pats. The mistakes and goofs the Steelers made in the first half essentially took them out of the game even though the score at halftime was close.

New England wins so much, and so consistently every year primarily because the Pats never beat themselves, unlike most other NFL teams. The Pats are so well disciplined and coached that the other teams MUST play flawless perfect ball to win. Tough to do....

In 2007 the Pats were ratted on by a miserable, petty former coach (Mangini) for spygate, but it was known and conceded that almost all NFL teams spy or try to going back to the early years of the history of the league. They just made the Pats the scapegoat, because of their success up to that point.   And today, we now know there was no deflate hate scandal at all...Some balls somehow were low on air pressure which was no bearing on the game at all. Roger Goodwill decided to cave into pressure from spiteful idiot jealous owners who resent the success and DOMINANCE of New England and literally create a controversy.

The single most amazing aspect of the Pats Dominant position, history and record since 2001 is that it has happened during the salary cap era.   As you all know, the NFL salary cap was implemented with the intention of preventing the exact type of DOMINANCE the Pats have pulled off .... This is the result of Belichick and Brady, the greatest Coach & QB of all time, beyond any more dispute, doubt or consideration

mammajamma

Post by mammajamma »

Wow, when the Packers decide not to be themselves, they really do it up good. This has happened in some of their other losses over the years, (Capers has got to go}. Doesn't help that several players, including Aaron Rogers, had the flu or whatever as reported on Friday.
I thought the Falcons were way brutal to the Seahawks, too...hope they continue the massacre against the Pats.
Still, all these teams made it to the top 4. WTG!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I do not recognize this as being a legitimate Super Bowl, I believe the Russians participated in aiding the candidacy of the New England Patriots as AFC Champions.

I do not plan on either attending nor watching this upcoming Super Bowl and it will be the first one I will miss in many, many years. I cannot be at home with something that I just do not feel is right.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

I do not recognize this as being a legitimate Super Bowl, I believe the Russians participated in aiding the candidacy of the New England Patriots as AFC Champions.

I do not plan on either attending nor watching this upcoming Super Bowl and it will be the first one I will miss in many, many years. I cannot be at home with something that I just do not feel is right. Awesome, follow your heart....My Father, born in 1941, grew up a fan of the New York Yankees.....if any one out there knows baseball history, then you know there has never been a dominant team in any major sport to Rival the new York Yankees, who (starting in the early 1920s) put together extended runs of winning both American League pennants and world series....during My father's childhood, from 1949 thru 1964 (16 year span), the Yankees won the A.L. Pennant  EVERY year except 1954 & 1959, 14 out of 16 pennants!   Out of the 14 World Series they participated, they won 9 of them.....During this time, the world was filled with both Yankee Fans, and Yankee Haters....that is typical for any extended Sports Dynasty in Any Sport.....fans divide into one of two camps.   This is how you can tell when a team truly has reached, or arrived at the pinnacle of Dynasty, when they have LEGIONS of HATERS......every team has "fans" (even the poor Cleveland Browns). but not many teams have confirmed unyielding haters.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

DaBurglar I never said I was a hater. For someone who was immersed in all things "Presidental Election 2017" I'm surprised that you didn't pick up on what I wrote was a complete take off from Rep. John Lewis and his reasoning behind not attending President Donald John Trump's inaguaration.

Please feel free to continue kissing Tom Brady's athletic supporter.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

DaBurglar I never said I was a hater. For someone who was immersed in all things "Presidental Election 2017" I'm surprised that you didn't pick up on what I wrote was a complete take off from Rep. John Lewis and his reasoning behind not attending President Donald John Trump's inaguaration.

Please feel free to continue kissing Tom Brady's athletic supporter.

You might be more self absorbed and sensitive and egocentric than Trump.....No scratch the might.

First off the election is over, so this crap with Trump and Lewis is just that, crap....Petty partisan bs that just makes things worse, but since it is petty I now understand your interest and need to chime in....

Maybe I did notice your "take" on it....Maybe I just chose not acknowledge it given its nature (see petty above)...There is nothing in my post to indicate either way or to what degree I noticed your "take"....

Still, I must admit, I didn't notice or catch it at all until you forced me to with this latest attempt at self promotion.   Why couldn't you reply with something relevant about sports or super bowl dynasties etc etc?

Sure you don't hate the Pats, you just intensely dislike them....

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

DaBurglar I have nothing relevant to say about sports or super bowl dynasties because I, unlike you:

Don't fixate on sports the way you do because they aren't important to me

Don't care one bit about professional sports anymore

Have grown weary of hearing about professional athletes act like spoiled, immature, overpaid, ungrateful brats

So get out your New England Patriots: pom-pons; football helmet chip & dip bowl; Tom Brady jersey, set your dvr to record all the commercials, and have a blast.