Great Superbowl...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Re: Great Superbowl...

Post by DaBurglar »

Any knowledgeable football observer knows that even the two Superbowls the Patriots (not "Tom Brady") did lose to the Giants were not decided until the final minute, and could easily have gone the Pat's way.....

Of course, all the Superbowls the Pat's have been in except the first one (1986 vs Chicago, arguably the single greatest defense ever) have been classics, close exciting games.   The majority of the rest have been one sided duds with a few exceptions....

Yes Rams Titans was truly awesome....But every broncos Superbowl has been awful, except their first victory in 97 versus Green bay Packers....

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Win if you can
Lose if you must
But always, always cheat.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Was brady on the team in 1997 When they lost to Packers? Btw the mvp of that game was not Desmond Howard it was Reggie White.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

This cheating crap is getting old. Give the patriots their due. But in my opinion they are not the greatest dynasty in sports.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Win if you can
Lose if you must
But always, always cheat.

Ken Patera said this back in the old days of the WWF (before the WWE)....He was managed by the Grand Wizard of Wrestling.

Edit is 100% correct, the cheating baloney is long since worn out it's use to the jealous, pathetic Patriots haters through out the world

Spygate was simply the league choosing to make an example of the Patriots for a practice that had been going on for decades throughout the league, and all because a spiteful disgruntled ex coach wanted a measure of "get back" at the Pat's.

And it's now widely known and accepted there was no intentional ball deflation going on anytime or anyplace during any Patriots game. Their success is so far and away above the rest of the league that it couldn't be something as base as "cheating"....The Patriots simply do not beat themselves like most other teams. They do all the obvious things others take for granted or ignore altogether, and they don't tolerate prima donnas distractions or BS.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

This cheating crap is getting old. Give the patriots their due. But in my opinion they are not the greatest dynasty in sports.

I respect that....Who is your greatest sports dynasty? Montreal Canadians in the NHL? Boston Celtics in the NBA?
UCLA under coach Wooden? New York Yankees from 1921 thru 1964???

Yeah that's it, right edog? The Yankees!!!!

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

For the record, neither the Patriots nor the Falcons are "my team"...I just believe in giving credit where credit is due. And I was so looking forward to an exciting game and I felt it was one of the best! To the Falcon fans, I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure I would be bummed if my team lost too. But I couldn't deny the winner's their glory, they earned it...

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Yes Da it is yankees probably always will be. I do agree with your point about doing it in the salary cap era. It is quite an accomplishment.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

It is so obvious that the Pat's have a sixth sense as far as teamwork goes just like the lady Huskies do. Partly taught by their coaches and partly taught by their mentors early on in the game. To me that is what success is all about and you cannot have these kind of records without it.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

As a NYG fan, only makes our 2 SB wins over the Pats more memorable.