Colin Kaepernick

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
edog743
Video Poker Master

Re: Colin Kaepernick

Post by edog743 »

The current POTUS is not black. his mommy was white.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

When it comes to getting their "news" Colin Kaepernick is typical of many young people. Most do not even know that President Obama's DOJ has backed up the police version of what happened in Ferguson.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

When it comes to getting their "news" Colin Kaepernick is typical of many young people. Most do not even know that President Obama's DOJ has backed up the police version of what happened in Ferguson.

how would any young or older person know of the DOJ ruling, when much of the media is hell bent on not telling anyone about it. they do their best to keep the hands up story alive.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

The current POTUS is not black. his mommy was white.

The only thing white about Mr.Obama is the way he plays basketball.

Joetimes4
Forum Newbie

Post by Joetimes4 »

He's just another over paid POS who thinks he's oppressed.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

It has been interesting reading these postings.

A couple of thoughts:

Are people upset because he didn't stand during the National Anthem? Are we also upset at those:
* whose religious denomination tells them to not stand during the National Anthem? like Jehovah Witnesses
*citizens from other countries?
* US citizens who continue to talk on their phone's, eat their food/drink during the National Anthem?

If you've been raised in the South you know the "one drop rule" was the law of the land. You were black regardless of how much white you had if anywhere in your history there was a black ancestor.

Seems to me oppression comes in many forms whether overt or covert and is found in all races. Just as racism comes from conscious and subconscious actions/thoughts. Whether its targeted minorities or prejudicial voting rights laws claiming to solve voter fraud when it is almost non-existent especially in person. If I as a white knew that officers stopped whites at the same statistical rate/100,000 then I might view things in a different manner. And yes, I have several officers in my family who deal with the racial attitudes of some of their peers.

Just some thoughts. From a personal note I'm not going to let this incident upset me even though I disagree with the actions. But, that's my own personal belief system. I was raised to always stand at attention, to salute and sing the national anthem. But, then I am a second generation immigrant's son whose grandfather came to this country to seek a better life than he had in Europe.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I think Colin is an opportunistic, media whore who will try anything to keep his celebrity afloat; no matter at what cost.  Move to another country; if ANYONE wants you....

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

When it comes to getting their "news" Colin Kaepernick is typical of many young people. Most do not even know that President Obama's DOJ has backed up the police version of what happened in Ferguson.Evidently, you aren't aware that the DOJ found the entire police department in Ferguson was an ongoing violation of its minority residents rights.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

What is it about being an old white guy that thinks people that use their Constitutional rights are bad people? Do you forget your Citizenship classes at a certain age, or do you just fear anyone who doesn't look or think like you?

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

who is denying him his rights, some are exercising their constitutional rights to call him a jerk, not buy his clothing and contact his sponsors. b/t/w, those are the same tactics that those on the left, including Jessie Jackson/rainbow coalition have mastered and used for years.

exercising one's rights have ramifications, I am guessing he is finding that out.