Great Superbowl...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: Great Superbowl...

Post by billryan »

As a NYG fan, only makes our 2 SB wins over the Pats more memorable.

Exactly. When I bring up the fact that belacheat was a mediocre coach before he started bending and breaking the rules, I'm accused of being jealous. I proceed to whip out my membership in Big Blue and ask jealous of what?
Shady Brady has never beaten my team in a game that mattered.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Yep, Would like one more shot at them before Eli's time is up. They outplayed the Pats in both of those games but all anyone remembers are the Tyree and Mannigham catches. The pass rush won both of those games. In the first game, on the first play, Brady threw an incomplete pass, but came up with a big grass stain on his ass. The game was on.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Yep, Would like one more shot at them before Eli's time is up. They outplayed the Pats in both of those games but all anyone remembers are the Tyree and Mannigham catches. The pass rush won both of those games. In the first game, on the first play, Brady threw an incomplete pass, but came up with a big grass stain on his ass. The game was on.

I agree, the Giants won not simply and solely because of two miraculous catches but for matching up well versus the Patriots where it mattered most, on the defensive line. The NY Giants front four on defense in both games was unreal.

But the entire matchup was very close and the Patriots were superior in other areas, so the net result was two incredible, close games in which both contests were decided due to those two amazing catches! Don't forget, in the first super bowl, just before Tyree's catch, Eli escaped a sure sack by the skin of his teeth....And in the second game just before the Giants game winning drive in the last two minutes, on the Patriots previous drive Wes welker dropped a game winning first down pass that he catches 99 times out of 100!

These two Giants victories were among the greatest games ever played...

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

And the winner of this most recent Superbowl was the beneficiary of an amazing catch as well.

Been out shoveling neighbor's driveways to pick up some extra cash DaBurglar? I would have lent you my snowblower to use if you asked.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

And the winner of this most recent Superbowl was the beneficiary of an amazing catch as well.

Been out shoveling neighbor's driveways to pick up some extra cash DaBurglar? I would have lent you my snowblower to use if you asked.

Someone else besides Turdlark want to explain or elaborate wtf he is sayin or meant here, because I think he just out a-holed Steve Bannon but I don't wanna just make that assumption....

You know you are a total d*ck when you get pleasure from blizzards clobbering other people.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Speechless. There are no words.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

That's football. Asante Samuel also let a game clinching interception go right thru his hands in the first game. But the football gods gave the Patriots some love in the last 2 SB victories. Pete Carroll made the dumbest play call in history and Dan Quinn's clock management and play calling were dumbfounding. But the Patriots still had to be good enough to take advantage and they did.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

As a NYG fan I have been on the bad side of some horrific play calls. The Joe Pisarcik/ Larry Csonka f up where Herm Edwards returned the fumble for a game winning TD. All they had to do was take a knee to win the game. The best however was Ray Handley. The Giants are down 21-16 to the Cowboys and are driving for a game winning TD late in the game. First and 10 at the boys 11 with maybe 4-5 minutes left. They run 3 awful plays and get to the boys 3 yard line. The genius Handley calls timeout and then sends the offense back out. They do that stupid try to draw the defense offside. I'm screaming at the TV, Even if it works, you don't get a first down because it's half the distance and the ball gets placed at the 1&1/2 yard line. I was hoping it worked to see the look on Handleys face when it was still 4th down.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

[QUOTE=Tedlark]   And the winner of this most recent Superbowl was the beneficiary of an amazing catch as well.

Someone else besides Turdlark want to explain or elaborate wtf he is sayin or meant here, because I think he just out a-holed Steve Bannon but I don't wanna just make that assumption....

You know you are a total d*ck when you get pleasure from blizzards clobbering other people.
[/QUOTE]

I never said I find pleasure in other people's misery DaBurglar. Good things happen to me because I am a good person by nature and I only wish happiness and love upon my fellow man and woman.

I was just thinking that an enterprising DaBurglar might have been able to pick up some extra cash by clearing people's drives and walkways. Or, if the spirit of goodwill actually found its way into DaBurglar's heart; he would find it in himself to shovel for those less fortunate without seeking financial gain for himself and only having as his reward the knowledge of having helped his fellow man and woman.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

As for the catch, I was referring to Edelman's catch late in the 4th quarter. Or was it written into the play that it would bounce off 3 Falcon's defenders before Edelman caught it? Just sayin..... Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.