Former Illinois 8th District Rep has to be....

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Former Illinois 8th District Rep has to be....

Post by Tedlark »

O.K., let me see if I have this right: BR you now reside in Downstate Nevada and DB you reside in Upstate Fantasyland.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

When I was a kid in Queens, we were all afraid of being sent "upstate" to the juvenile detention facility. Don't remember what town it was in.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

O.K., let me see if I have this right: BR you now reside in Downstate Nevada and DB you reside in Upstate Fantasyland.

I'm not out here long enough to be sure, but it appears here you either live in Clark County, also known as the metro area, or you live in Nevada. Some people think the terms are exclusive. Mostly right wing radio host who object to Las Vegas dominating state politics.
I keep hearing how people in two percent of the land shouldn't dictate what the rest of the state does.

You could just admit that you were wrong and as an outsider didn't understand the peculiar geographic terminology of NY, or continue to be a dick and argue against the facts.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I live in Upstate NY. But there are areas further upstate than mine.

Are you north or south of West Point?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Bill I see you have taken a page out of DaBurglar's playbook with the namecalling. I will forgive you for this transgression.

As for being wrong,I do not see how I am wrong. West Point is physically located in the lower third of the state so I am not wrong there. Getting to wickipedia and their explanation of "Upstate" I do see that the term "Upstate" is a regional term that may not be familiar to people outside of that geographgical region.So for all basic purposes I will say we are both right and leave it at that.

As a measure of decorum I ask that you refrain from the name calling. When name calling goes on things can get real personal real fast.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

I am West of West Point.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

Well technically Northwest I suppose. About 1.25 hour drive. But we 'round here consider anything above Yonkers Upstate.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Near Roscoe?

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

1 hour SE of Roscoe.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

I'm in Cherrytown a Hamlet of Kerhonkson.
Great Fishing.
Lots of good riding (motorcycle) here. Both of which I should do more of.
Catskill Mountains are beautiful.