it doesn't get any lower than this...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: it doesn't get any lower than this...

Post by billryan »

Are you sure you are picturing me wearing a shirt? Lots of one handed typing goes on here.
As much as I would love to walk the streets of Bisbee, it's just too hilly for me. My shop is approx 4600 feet about sea level. The Gulch is at 5300, about a mile away. The incline is too much for me. When I walk uphill, my calves tighten up. When I walk downhill, the small lof my back cramps up. Maybe I'll settle for a bumper sticker instead.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Maybe yes on the bumper sticker, whatever works best for you getting your message out.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

ted, BR is a wannabee. no one has released as much info as he has about himself and yet, there is nothing to be impressed about. of course, being from the big apple, like all nyc residents believe, makes one impressive just by itself. and, one has to assume, even with such an unsuccessful life, the story he spins, shines the best possible light on failure.

no notable accomplishments or successes, but damn, everyone surely wants to know everything about me. only br and nyc ex/current residents think that way.

i used to live in wny, even they don't like folks from nyc.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

notes1 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:10 pm
ted, BR is a wannabee. no one has released as much info as he has about himself and yet, there is nothing to be impressed about. of course, being from the big apple, like all nyc residents believe, makes one impressive just by itself. and, one has to assume, even with such an unsuccessful life, the story he spins, shines the best possible light on failure.

no notable accomplishments or successes, but damn, everyone surely wants to know everything about me. only br and nyc ex/current residents think that way.

Why does it bother you because I choose to be open about my life. I'm proud of my life and what I've done. Proud of my friends and family. Why aren't you? I used to enjoy Florida Phils tales of his business and his hobbies. Strange that I don't recall you getting on his case about it.
Buffalo and Tampa. How exciting.
I used to fly into Buffalo fairly regularly. There used to be a great ransackle collection of food sheds there for many years. I've very fond memories of that. What is wrong with talking about that?
There were more than a few nights we'd leave Rochester at last call(2AM) and race to Buffalo so we could drink until 4AM. We tried it once with Albany but got there too late.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

In 1966, one of my good friend’s and I were freshman at UConn together. We also lived in the same town about 75 miles from school. On some weekends, we would hitchhike home with our laundry bags and borrow my friends dad‘s brand new beautiful gold 1966 Pontiac Bonneville. His dad was a very successful local contractor and a really nice guy. On the guise of taking a ride around the beaches, since the drinking age in Connecticut was 21, we would drive the Bonneville all the way to Rye New York just over the Connecticut line were the drinking age was 18. We would make the 40 minute ride in about 25 minutes, stop in one of the local pubs and get a couple of $.10 pony beers. Then we would head all the way back to his house in Connecticut. We probably burned about six or 8 gallons of gas on the trip and when we got back we would still have to wash and detail the Bonneville for his dad. We were really lucky and he never asked us to fill up the car because we wouldn’t of had the money to do so. In my house, money was super tight and even if I burned a bucks worth of gas in my dad‘s car it had better be on the needle where he left it or I would be in big trouble. Anyway, those were simple carefree days and I miss them greatly.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

no surprise here, the animal...marquise love, who kicked someone in the head, has a rap sheet. he has been arrested multiple times for domestic abuse, had a protective order against him, criminal trespass, second degree theft..he owes thousands in unpaid fines.

why am i not surprised that a guy, who would kick someone who is already traumatized, would have arrests for domestic abuse. beating up women makes someone a real man.

if the feds catch him, my guess, he will be spending some time, where at 160 lbs, he will be someone's toy.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

notes1 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:10 pm

Wait a minute Notes, I grew up in NYC. Don't put me in that category. Just kidding. I am actually very upset with what has happened to NYC. I honestly believe that this will be worse than 9-11 for the city. The combination of the virus, the exposure density, and the lawlessness is too much to overcome. There is no reason to go into the city now. No restaurants are open, no broadway shows, no baseball, no museums etc.That may be temporary, but the people who left and aren't coming back are the ones who had the means to enjoy these things. So the bottom line is that these activities will come back to a certain degree, but never what they once were.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Never been to Bisbee, but have been to Arizona dozens of times since my first visit in 1993 to see my brother in law. A great, beautiful state with so much to see. Still have a subscription to Arizona Highways magazine and look for new places to go. One of my favorite places was the LaPosada Hotel in Winslow on the old Santa Fe rail line. If I ever leave NJ, I'll likely wind up in Arizona, not Florida.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Bisbee is said to have the best climate in the US, although I admit I have no idea who says it. It's inscribed on the side of a building. so it must be true. It's a very nice place to spend a few days, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it as a place to retire to. If and when I can get my business running smoothly, I plan on traveling extensiely.
Arizona has a lot of history. The Clantons( of OK Corral fame) still have a large spread out just north of town. Just last night, I watched a western called Young Billy Young that Bisbee is featured in.
The rule of thumb seems to be that Phoenix is hotter than hell, and Tucson is almost as bad but the mountains are about twenty degrees cooler. Unfortunately , you have to go to the cities for most medical
specialties, and the closest VA clinic is 89 miles from my park.It was 93 here when I drove to Tucson and my car temp said it was 107 when we got to Tucson. It was 113 when I got back in and was at 93 when I got home.
This is monsoon season and while it doesn't rain here every night, there are the most spectacular lighting shows most evenings.
Last edited by billryan on Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Was in Tucson years ago, in September. 101 degrees in town. Drove up to the top of Mt Lemmon and it was 59 degrees.