First Timer!

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
DMBsniper
Forum Newbie

First Timer!

Post by DMBsniper »

This may not interest most of you but I thought I'd share it anyway. I'm usually a tournament poker player, or a cash game poker player, real cards that is. I busted out of a tourney early and couldn't afford a cash game so I wandered around the Taj Mahal for a while. I finally got bored and ATMed  20 bucks and played a 25 cent Joker Poker machine. This was my first time with video poker and my second hand in I hit a straight flush that paid pretty well. I was excited about it and played Video Poker for a few hours as my friends were finishing up the tourney. I can honestly say I am addicted to it now! I'm going to look forward to playing a lot more when I move to Vegas for school in February.My name is Steve by the way, hello everyone!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Hello Steve, congrats on your initial success and welcome to vp.com. Lots of information here.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Welcome Steve! This site wll only fuel your new addiction! FYI a straight flush on Jokers Wild is very hard to get so dont get too attached to that game-it can really drain you! Believe me I know, its my favorite game but I dont play it unless I have a decent bankroll!

vpguy3

Post by vpguy3 »

Welcome Steve,
You will find this is a friendly forum with experienced players contributing and attentive, responsive management (Hi Webman), you will learn a lot. Jokers, like STP, is not for the player with a limited bankroll. If you have the coin and the courage you may be able to hold out for the big hits that are inherent to both of these games. Good luck!!