Cabin Fever Stories

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Cabin Fever Stories

Post by olds442jetaway »

:x Here is one of mine. I finally opened up my free Keurig single cup coffee maker I got free some time ago at Mohegan Sun. I had a good supply of the cups from the rooms and suites that I had brought home over time. So I figured out how to make it ok and the Green Mountain Coffee I made is actually very good. However, much to my wife’s chagrin 3 times in the last week, I started making the coffee, got sidetracked, and forgot to place my cup under the spout. There is a follow up to this story, but I will wait until some of the gang post their cabin fever stories.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Have done that twice myself. The cup-rest catches some but not all.

Between catching up on projects, around the house and outside, i have not had much time for cabin-fever thoughts but am getting close.
Tuesday am off for 3 days of trout fishing and morel hunting. That should help.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Not really a cabin fever story but one that shows why you need to be on top of things. I check my FICO score regularly. Last month it went from the normal range to 1. What happened was after notifying one of our joint accounts that my wife had passed away, they notified the credit bureaus that I had passed away. Has been corrected but I started quoting Mark Twain who, when an erroneous report that he had passed, remarked, "The report of my death was an exaggeration" which has been popularized as, "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

0A099FAC-6AF0-4134-B3DD-739A0640333F.jpeg
Good for you Tech. Catch a nice Rainbow for me. Believe it or not, I was fishing for Pike once and a nice Rainbow hit my red and white Daredevil. Hasn’t happened since 1968. And OTB, That is quite a story and not the first I have heard like that. I know that Mark Twain quote well. I am a big fan and have one of only a few known first editions of his Library of Humor which is a collection of his short stories and some great illustrations in pen and ink by EW Kemble. Twain’s home is just under an hour’s drive from me.