video poker.com contest (more)

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
vpcrazed
Forum Newbie

video poker.com contest (more)

Post by vpcrazed »

On the Big Times contest which is ongoing I am just blown away by the scores that some have posted. I don't see how these scores are even possible! Assuming you got a royal with a 10x mulitplier (which would be possible with having a total re-deal or maybe holding just an ace) you would get 40,000 credits. A dealt royal would only give you 12,000 credits. How can people get these scores? Obviously it can be done since there are several scores over 40,000 but I am really curious how people can be so lucky!

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

On the Big Times contest which is ongoing I am just blown away by the scores that some have posted. I don't see how these scores are even possible! Assuming you got a royal with a 10x mulitplier (which would be possible with having a total re-deal or maybe holding just an ace) you would get 40,000 credits. A dealt royal would only give you 12,000 credits. How can people get these scores? Obviously it can be done since there are several scores over 40,000 but I am really curious how people can be so lucky!Playing DDB max credits max hands (3) if you are DEALT quad aces with a deuce kicker you would have 10x 2000 or 20,000 per hand for three hands or 60,000 win.  That could be beat.  Say you are DEALT Quad Deuces with an Ace for 10x....held the ace and drew 4 to the royal flush....that would be a monster.  120,000 credits!With the scores that are posted though, it is pretty obvious that someone hit the Quad Ace with a deuce and persuaded themselves to hold all cards for the wimpy 60,000 but they had a pretty good round otherwise to obtain an additional 5 or 6 THOUSAND credits.  Believe me, it wasn't ME!

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Yes, it will take a dealt Aces with a 2 to win now. Or a dealt Aces with a 3 and some other great hands as well. 

In a contest like this if a lot of people are playing that is expected. In Big times the Aces with a kicker dealt just happens to be the biggest hand. If it was another gane, a dealt royal would probably be the winner.

Good luck everyone!

vpcrazed
Forum Newbie

Post by vpcrazed »

Thanks all. I should have thought it through a little bit more because I can now see what you're saying about the quad aces. Some people sure are getting some pretty good hands though!

jm002546

Post by jm002546 »

[QUOTE=MikeA] That could be beat.  Say you are DEALT Quad Deuces with an Ace for 10x....held the ace and drew 4 to the royal flush....that would be a monster.  120,000 credits!   True, but you would have to fill all three hands.................kind of like a golfer ACING all par fives for a round?

clwn2

Post by clwn2 »

Hasn't anyone confessed to the big win yet?  You would think thry would be bragging about it right now.  I haven't been able to break 10K yet.  I would like to know as a fyi who hit what to win it all. 

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

[QUOTE=MikeA] That could be beat.  Say you are DEALT Quad Deuces with an Ace for 10x....held the ace and drew 4 to the royal flush....that would be a monster.  120,000 credits!   True, but you would have to fill all three hands.................kind of like a golfer ACING all par fives for a round?Yep.  You got it JM.  But, it "could" happen.  And, that is the only way I know of to beat dealt Aces with a Deuce kicker in one hand.

jm002546

Post by jm002546 »

Actually, with only a factor of 6X, 3 royals would be $72000. Which means a winner could emerge without ever making any holds.  If you had enough monkeys and computers......................

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Actually, with only a factor of 6X, 3 royals would be $72000. Which means a winner could emerge without ever making any holds.  If you had enough monkeys and computers......................
Thinking these possibilities through is worse than finding a dropped decimal in a COBOL program!Okay, how about a 9x hand like A2233.  You hold the Ace and then you ONLY have to draw two out of three hands for a Royal and Still beat the high score (2x4000x9=72,000)!  Man, that makes it a LOT more likely that I'll do it so I'm heading back to the contest with that strategy in mind!  <LOL>

jm002546

Post by jm002546 »

I'll keep trying, also. I have 2 computers but no other monkey, darn it!I'll settle for the 4A 9X kicker.  That would at least give a chance especially if it happened early.