February Contest: Good Times Pay Poker!

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Webman
Video Poker Master

February Contest: Good Times Pay Poker!

Post by Webman »

We are excited to announce our FREE February Contest, featuring one of our newest games, Good Times Pay Poker. If you haven't played before, this fun game lets you bet extra credits to qualify for the Good Times Pay feature. The lively multiplier action not only awards bigger payouts, it gives you the opportunity to increase multiplier values on each active hand. Good Times Pay Poker also represents the introduction of an exciting new card option with player-chosen spin or flip action upon the deal and draw!
Because we're in a loving mood, in addition to the grand prize merchandise package for the top score, we're awarding t-shirts to the next four runners up, as well as the first ten people who get a heart-suited royal flush.
Good luck to all...

ENTER THE CONTEST NOW!

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Just wanted to say that the hearts are an appropriate theme for the contest.  I like the hearts motif on the main page too, it's cu-u-u-u-t-e! 

Now, let the whining begin....

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

There appears to be a bug in the program (TDB). If I try to hold a card quickly it interprets that as the enter key and proceeds without holding anything.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

SM I had the same issue playing Joker Poker.
Secondly, since there are two Wild Card games, does the heart Royal have to be Natural or can it be a Wild Royal? (All I had to do was read the rules) WM you are always a step ahead.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Shadowman, I'll have them look into the bug. In the meantime you will have to show great restraint and begin your draw 1/100th of a second slower than you are used to.

Thanks for reporting it.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I can't seem to duplicate this here no matter how fast i start my hold, even just pounding away. Any chance you can describe in more detail?

What are you using to hold (numbers or letters), is your sound on the display muted, what speed setting is it on, at what point in the game process do you need to press the key for it to occur, etc?

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

It isn't speed dependent although it does seem to happen more the faster I play. Sounds is off, max speed, using number keys, hitting enter to speed up credit counting.

I think this last point may be key. When speeding up credit counting for small number of credits it may be buffering up an enter key that may have been hit just after the credits were counted.

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

I am having the same issue.  I am using the letters and the spacebar.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

I think the problem is holding the cards and trying to deal before all the multipliers have popped up-I know this used to happen to me playing the game before the contest started. Try waiting for all the multipliers to be up before holding........this may just be selective memory but I hope it helps.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

It is with sheer dillemma (or delight) that, on behalf of CD in Denver and myself, we hereby forego the remainder of this contest as it's become more of a burden than bonus. Flying multipliers and low chance of getting that 7X with a great hand did it for us. we hereby will and bequeath all big hits to Shadowman and faygo. I'll stick to playing 10-play MS-STP or Ult-X. CD is still counting those 4 card hands in hopes of revealing a pattern.