How much do you put into a machine before leaving

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
scoot5743
Forum Newbie

How much do you put into a machine before leaving

Post by scoot5743 »

I play deuces wild and wanted to know from people, how much do you invest into a machine before you decide it is time to move to a different machine? I will usually put in $40.00 into the machine and decide it is time to move on if I get nothing. Someone told me that once you pick the machine just stay there and put in what you were planning to set aside for your losses. Just curious on what people have to say

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

If you are playing a fair set of machines that are providing random cards for your hands, changing machines will not make a difference. You may win or lose on any of the machines you play, whether you stay at one or move to another, assuming that the pay tables are identical. Selecting a machine with a better pay table for your game of choice would be better, but beyond that, it is all about feeling comfortable and having fun. Unlike slots, there are no 'better paying' machines in VP, although sometimes, it may seem that way.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I've never considered moving based on this. I move for a change in scenery, to play a different game, and sometimes to pee. If you're one of the people who played after me when I decided not to, I apologize.

Tomcat1569

Post by Tomcat1569 »

I never change machines. That has resulted in very good and also bad sessions.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

I've never considered moving based on this.

I move for a change in scenery, to play a different game, and sometimes to pee. If you're one of the people who played after me when I decided not to, I apologize.
And all this time, I thought it was just yellow upholstery . 

leakysqueaky
Forum Rookie

Post by leakysqueaky »

I'll change machines if..............buttons stick, someone holding a cig right under my nose, or annoying players (pounding and slapping buttons) dang that takes a lot of energy to pound those buttons like that!!

cook1947

Post by cook1947 »

Oh, leakyqueaky, you expressed my sentiments EXACTLY. I bought myself a pair of $160 headphones that do not allow you to hear anything. They work to a T. I absolutely HATE it when people start slapping buttons. It is annoying and I really want to crack them right on the knuckles!.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I move when the shoulder burn becomes unbearable. I love the button slappers. The fun of seeing them beat the buttons harder and harder with each bad hand is priceless.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Oh, leakyqueaky, you expressed my sentiments EXACTLY. I bought myself a pair of $160 headphones that do not allow you to hear anything. They work to a T. I absolutely HATE it when people start slapping buttons. It is annoying and I really want to crack them right on the knuckles!.
I saw a woman once using a raw potato to hit the buttons. I had to ask her why. She said that she just had her nails done. Made a heck of a mess, but at least she had a reason, I guess.  

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Hello forum, my name is Ted and I am a slapper. O.K. step one complete, now what are the next 11?