A profitable break

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
njmike37

A profitable break

Post by njmike37 »

I went to Taj a few nights ago after work with my buddies to play some poker (not video poker) and was doing pretty bad.  One of my buddies came up to me and said "let's go out for a smoke, I just had a bad beat and busted out." I wasn'y far off, so I picked up my chips and said "let's go."  So, we ended up in the smoking section of slots near the poker room.  I suddenly got "the itch" to play some VP.  I put my ciggie out and told him that we should go to the smoking section by the boardwalk because they have some VP machines.  He rolled his eyes (he knows about my VP play and how much I like it) and we proceeded. 

I really only brought enough money to play poker with, and since I did so bad, I only had a little bit left.  The smoking section is still pretty limited as far as selection goes, as they mostly have nickels (5-play nickel progressive, spin poker, etc..) but I sat in the row behind those at a single-line 25-cent DDB machine. 

I stuck a $20 in (pretty much all I had left.. LOL) and started off pretty well.  Hit a few FH's and flushes and then got dealt QQA43, held the Q's and picked up quad queens.  Now up to about $90, I decided to play down to $80 and run.  At about $85 left, I got DEALT quad queens (the ladies were hot that night! )

I decided at that point to play down to $100.  I was at about $140 or so, so I had some breathing room... At around $120 left, I held a singleton Ace, and ended up drawing the following.. A,4,A,A for 4 aces w/kicker.  I couldn't believe it.  All this on one $20 bill!  Cashed out at $600 and we went to get something to eat.

We decided to go back to play some poker, but I told my buddy, hey, let's go back to that VP machine for one more break before we go back to the poker room.  He obliged, and we proceeded back to the same VP machine. 

This time I ended up losing $60 (rather quickly, too..) and I put one more twenty in to see if I could hit a quad or something to win back that $60 I just lost.  He was finishing up his cigarette and said "let's go after this $20."  I agreed, and I proceeded with my last $20. 

I was down to about $7 or so and was dealt AQJ diamonds a 4 of clubs and a 2 of hearts.  Held the 3 to a royal, and out popped the K and 10 of diamonds for a $1,000 royal!   My friend about peed himself at this point, and we ended up going back to the poker room after I cashed that out.  I gave him $200 for his next poker session (heck, it was his idea to leave the poker room in the 1st place, and he sat with me while I played, it was the least I could do.. LOL) 

Not a bad way to get back into VP after a long absence from playing...

A little side note, got a text message later that night from my buddy that read "Can you get me a copy of that VP software you use?"  hahahahaha Another vp player on the way! 

Mike 

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I went to Taj a few nights ago after work with my buddies to play some poker (not video poker) and was doing pretty bad.  One of my buddies came up to me and said "let's go out for a smoke, I just had a bad beat and busted out." I wasn'y far off, so I picked up my chips and said "let's go."  So, we ended up in the smoking section of slots near the poker room.  I suddenly got "the itch" to play some VP.  I put my ciggie out and told him that we should go to the smoking section by the boardwalk because they have some VP machines.  He rolled his eyes (he knows about my VP play and how much I like it) and we proceeded. 

I really only brought enough money to play poker with, and since I did so bad, I only had a little bit left.  The smoking section is still pretty limited as far as selection goes, as they mostly have nickels (5-play nickel progressive, spin poker, etc..) but I sat in the row behind those at a single-line 25-cent DDB machine. 

I stuck a $20 in (pretty much all I had left.. LOL) and started off pretty well.  Hit a few FH's and flushes and then got dealt QQA43, held the Q's and picked up quad queens.  Now up to about $90, I decided to play down to $80 and run.  At about $85 left, I got DEALT quad queens (the ladies were hot that night! )

I decided at that point to play down to $100.  I was at about $140 or so, so I had some breathing room... At around $120 left, I held a singleton Ace, and ended up drawing the following.. A,4,A,A for 4 aces w/kicker.  I couldn't believe it.  All this on one $20 bill!  Cashed out at $600 and we went to get something to eat.

We decided to go back to play some poker, but I told my buddy, hey, let's go back to that VP machine for one more break before we go back to the poker room.  He obliged, and we proceeded back to the same VP machine. 

This time I ended up losing $60 (rather quickly, too..) and I put one more twenty in to see if I could hit a quad or something to win back that $60 I just lost.  He was finishing up his cigarette and said "let's go after this $20."  I agreed, and I proceeded with my last $20. 

I was down to about $7 or so and was dealt AQJ diamonds a 4 of clubs and a 2 of hearts.  Held the 3 to a royal, and out popped the K and 10 of diamonds for a $1,000 royal!   My friend about peed himself at this point, and we ended up going back to the poker room after I cashed that out.  I gave him $200 for his next poker session (heck, it was his idea to leave the poker room in the 1st place, and he sat with me while I played, it was the least I could do.. LOL) 

Not a bad way to get back into VP after a long absence from playing...

A little side note, got a text message later that night from my buddy that read "Can you get me a copy of that VP software you use?"  hahahahaha Another vp player on the way! 

Mike 

Way to go, and using Advantage play I see.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Hi Mike, thats the area my husband and I play in when we want a smoke since you cant at the STP machines. I got 5 of a kind 2X on the quarter Game King Jokers Wild machine there. They need more machines for us smokers at the quarter level or STP PLEASE!

babybubba

Post by babybubba »

Hi Mike, thats the area my husband and I play in when we want a smoke since you cant at the STP machines. I got 5 of a kind 2X on the quarter Game King Jokers Wild machine there. They need more machines for us smokers at the quarter level or STP PLEASE!

That would be a nice break....especially since you'll soon be hooked up to a respirator.

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

Barb,

Yes, they do need some more options for that area.  They have just one row of VP quarter machines and that's not exactly good for when it's busy.  How have you been, Barb?  Any trips lately (hopefully some winning ones?!  ) 

Mike

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Get a life Bubba!
Hi Mike-Last trip we came home with exactly what we started with-WOOHOO! Plus the free room and eats that was a winning trip. We are going Saturday leaving Sunday! We will start in the nickel oasis and then head to the smokefree STP area. Did you start your new job?
Barb

anonymous1
Forum Rookie

Post by anonymous1 »

[QUOTE=BOOPSAHOY]Hi Mike, thats the area my husband and I play in when we want a smoke since you cant at the STP machines. I got 5 of a kind 2X on the quarter Game King Jokers Wild machine there. They need more machines for us smokers at the quarter level or STP PLEASE!

That would be a nice break....especially since you'll soon be hooked up to a respirator.[/QUOTE]

I guess you are saying that Boopsahoy is the first person here to take you up on the offer to learn your "play strategy".Well i'm sure that we could take up a collection on the forum to buy you a bar of soap and deoderant if you smell so wretched that she would need a resperator to breathe in your presence. Or, maybe you are saying that when she see's the undeniable V.P. GOD, it will take her breath away? 

babybubba

Post by babybubba »

I didn't understand most of that and from what I've seen, you really have trouble putting sentences together in order to make sense to others. Now I could laugh at that with one of those faces or I could wonder about it. I chose to wonder.....

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I didn't understand most of that ...

The rest of us did.

babybubba

Post by babybubba »

[QUOTE=babybubba]I didn't understand most of that ...

The rest of us did. [/QUOTE]

So you've talked to the others before putting up that assertion??
That's why you keep getting caught in your own nonsense. You make believe you're a balls-on, facts-only kinda guy - then you go spoil it all by exposing your own contradictions.