chat

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
mendon

chat

Post by mendon »

When will the nasty remarks on chat end about non gold members ? Today I am playing and there was a group that were bashing the first place player because he wasn't a gold member.. they also don't think that non gold should be able to play in the monthly contests..that non gold should have their own contest. do you think that it would really make a difference ? If there is a way to turn off the chat so I can't see this everyday I would like to know because I am sick of it.. we have talked about this several times before and it still goes on.. don't be happy for a person who happens to get an awesome hand and is in number one.. lets just bash and say nasty things.. that is really being a grownup.. isn't it ? And who twisted your arm to be gold ? You have a choice just like everyone else... How would you feel if you were in first place and all the non members bashed you ?

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

click the x in the top right corner

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

I had nothing to do with this bashing of non-gold people. But for less than a Quarter a day you to can become a gold member here.

mendon

Post by mendon »

yes I know it's only a quarter a day,, and yes I know you had nothing to do with the chat today...it has nothing to do with gold or non.. either way it is wrong

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

It has everything to do with non vs gold members. We pay for the priviledge to get beat on almost a daily basis in the daily/monthly contests by non gold. So I see nothing wrong with blowing off a little steam it is good for  the soul.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Can't we all just get along? I think this calls for a group hug, although non-gold members exempted. Kidding, kidding.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

It has everything to do with non vs gold members. We pay for the priviledge to get beat on almost a daily basis in the daily/monthly contests by non gold. So I see nothing wrong with blowing off a little steam it is good for  the soul.

Why not provide more games in the contests to Gold over non paying members? For instance non paying members get a max of 5 games per daily contest and Gold members start out at a max of 10 games per daily contest. That would give the non paying another incentive to fork over the 25 cents a day for Gold membership.

Better yet why not reward those who have been paying their membership fees for years? This is my first year as a Gold member so it would not benefit me that much. It might be a nice incentive to kick a few extra games per day to someone who has been a Gold member for several years.

Again Webman if you are out there, how many Gold members are there versus silver or non paying members? My guess is that you have a lot of non paying members out there. The more you can move over to Gold membership the more revenues you bring in.

You would be doing them a favor. I changed from a non paying member to a Gold member about 6 months ago. It is worth it to not have the commercials and to have the training programs on all of the different games.    

datangie
Forum Rookie

Post by datangie »

In addition to commercial free play and training programs, gold members get to chat in games, track their scores, watch the leaderboard during contests and more. Why do some gold members resent playing with people who don't/can't pay for those priviledges? I am unable to pay to play so I see all the ads, can't take advantage of the trainers and can't chat - even though I can read the chat during contests. Like today, when I was subjected to a few people saying rude and insulting things about non-paying players (like me). I consider this to be a display of snobbish, narrow-minded mentality. I'm sure there are many reasons why people don't pay.. mine is that I am poor. But I like to play VP.. it helps me deal with being housebound. I don't like being subjected to bullies who can afford the perks (which I don't get) begrudging me a place in the contests. Thanks for the opportunity to get this off my chest. Good luck to all.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

In addition to commercial free play and training programs, gold members get to chat in games, track their scores, watch the leaderboard during contests and more. Why do some gold members resent playing with people who don't/can't pay for those priviledges? I am unable to pay to play so I see all the ads, can't take advantage of the trainers and can't chat - even though I can read the chat during contests. Like today, when I was subjected to a few people saying rude and insulting things about non-paying players (like me). I consider this to be a display of snobbish, narrow-minded mentality. I'm sure there are many reasons why people don't pay.. mine is that I am poor. But I like to play VP.. it helps me deal with being housebound. I don't like being subjected to bullies who can afford the perks (which I don't get) begrudging me a place in the contests. Thanks for the opportunity to get this off my chest. Good luck to all.

If it going to take food off the table it would be in your best interest to continue to forego the perks of being a Gold member. In other words I agree with you.

I still think if it were possible to give a few extra games to members that choose to pay the extra 25 cents a day, maybe that might ease the resentment that seems to go both ways between the paying and non paying members.

I am simply suggesting a way for Video Poker.com to convert many of the multitude of non paying members that can afford it so that they can enjoy the benefits that you list above. This will bring in more revenue to VideoPoker.com, which will in the end, benefit all members of VideoPoker.com.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I believe the silver membership was created as an option to those who did not want to go "Gold."

But what about the group hug?

Edited to add that I don't think the comment about having the guts to step up by today's daily contest leader is real good. I know it may have been made in jest but the person should know that winning a contest, whether it be a daily or monthly, is PURE LUCK. So stepping into the leader's spot has more to do with luck than stepping up if you have the guts.