NEVER WINNING

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
goldgold
Forum Newbie

NEVER WINNING

Post by goldgold »

I HAVE BEEN PLAYING STEADY FOR TWO YEARS, AND HAVE NEVER PLACED IN THE MONEY. I KNOW I PLAY FAIRLY WELL ACCORDING TO TEST YOUR SKILLS. DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THIS LONG OF A LOSING STREAK ?
                 GOOD LUCK

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

I have been here well over four years have yet to win. I know of people here that have played considerably longer than me that have not won anything. then there are people here that seem to win on a monthly basis. Kinda makes a guy wonder what they are doing different than me.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Maybe they are not impossible to please??
Just kidding edog! I think there are a lot of people playing here and the odds of winning anything are pretty long...making winning very tough if not impossible! If your not playing because you find it fun without winning you are probably torturing yourself.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

edog i have been here since 2005 and haven't won anything yet.i came in second on the daily tuesday but that was a miracle of some sort,lol.

JSuede
Forum Newbie

Post by JSuede »

I don't understand how the top scores in the monthly contest could be in the 60,000 range. Do people get 15 royal flushes in 100 spins?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

The only contest I participate in is the monthly Seven Stars contest and my interest is waning on that one. The reason I don't play in contests is because I want edog to have a better chance at winning one.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I don't understand how the top scores in the monthly contest could be in the 60,000 range. Do people get 15 royal flushes in 100 spins?
This is day 22 of the monthly contest. Folks with the top scores have likely played all 110 sessions (5 sessions per day, 100 hands a session), for a total of 11000 hands. They likely have two, or maybe, three royals, which is pretty good for 11000 hands, but nothing at all like 15 in 100.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I don't understand how the top scores in the monthly contest could be in the 60,000 range. Do people get 15 royal flushes in 100 spins?The monthly contest scores are cumulative for the entire month (as opposed to the Daily and Weekly contests, which are the best score in a single session)

royal flush
Video Poker Master

Post by royal flush »

i like to practice on games here that i wont play for real as they likely are negative expected value games or with alot of play to get the extra comps to make them playable but they are fun

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

I HAVE BEEN PLAYING STEADY FOR TWO YEARS, AND HAVE NEVER PLACED IN THE MONEY. I KNOW I PLAY FAIRLY WELL ACCORDING TO TEST YOUR SKILLS. DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THIS LONG OF A LOSING STREAK ?
                 GOOD LUCKMost of the contests reward getting dealt royals or dealt aces with a kicker. Whatever skill level you have does you no good in terms of getting these hands.A dealt royal cycle is 1-in-650,000 dealt "bottom" hands. (The AWAK cycle is only one fourth as long). With any cycle, with that many hands you have approximately 1/3 chance of getting 0 hits, a 1/3 chance of getting exactly one hit, and a 1/3 chance of getting 2 or more. There are so many entries on these contests that often several of the entrants get a dealt royal. So even if you get your miracle 1-in-650,000 hand there's a very good chance you still won't win.These contests have very little to do with skill and very much to do with being dealt lucky hands. There is some skill, but it's not the type of skill that is measured by the "test skills."If you are a little out of of the money, for example, you may want to go for broke and try for royals and aces on every chance. If it's your last hand, for example, and dealt kings won't move you up high enough to win, from AKKKK you should discard three of the kings and hold the suited AK. In regular video poker this would be a horrible mistake. But in these contests sometimes it's correct.