WHY DO THEY HATE US?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

WHY DO THEY HATE US?

Post by DaBurglar »

Let's hear it.....Someone lay it out (I wont post or answer until others post first)......WHY does ISIS, and Al Qaeda, and the TALIBAN......and all the other similar groups out there.......why do they all HATE us so much?What are the REAL REAL reasons???    Don't just write down a few cliches and say "Voila".......really break it down and be specific.What is it about the USA that makes the world hate us so much?    Because as we all know here, we are the "GOOD GUYS"  ...... right??   How can so many people want to kill us......Or is it really "so many people"???    Is it instead just a few who get way too much attention and credit etc?     Are we really that disliked or is it a perception problem stirred up by the media and other factions who benefit by having a non stop litany of misery and death to present to people......because we all know that NO ONE wants to read or look at a website or TV show or a MOVIE that conveys the message "ALL is well Today folks!  Peace out"  etcI look forward to some deep, well argued answers.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I'm not aware of the Taliban attacking America outside of Afganistan, a country we invaded.
Isis has not directly attacked the US. In Belgium, France and Turkey, active cells launched multiple attacks . In the US, so far it's been lone soundtracks inspired by them.
Osama Bin Laden thought the US desecrated his country by allowing female soldiers among other things.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Only time for short answer for now. Jealous Bastards.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

I'm not aware of the Taliban attacking America outside of Afganistan, a country we invaded.
Isis has not directly attacked the US. In Belgium, France and Turkey, active cells launched multiple attacks . In the US, so far it's been lone soundtracks inspired by them.
Osama Bin Laden thought the US desecrated his country by allowing female soldiers among other things.

what is the difference between an ISIS attack and an attack by an 'active cell', inspired by same? these attacks often involve multiple terrorists. the administration is trying to sell the idea that no organized group is involved, just lone wolves. these lone wolves are inspired/directed by ISIS success.

afganistan was invaded because it was the training base of terror groups that attacked WTC.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

What is it about the USA that makes the world hate us so much?    

who said 'the world hate us so much', other than you? those are your words, your assertion. maybe you hate the usa.

if they hate us, why are millions trying to sneak in? folks like you said the world hated us because of bush, well he has been gone for almost 8 years. now, you say they still hate us. the left promised that with the current appeaser in chief, the world would again love us. what happened?

the world looks to us for leadership, like it or not. I could care less what Europe thinks about us. they are so screwed up, they are hardly an example to follow.

this country is not perfect, but we keep trying. racism, prejudice, unfairness, inequality exist everywhere. instead of concentrating on the negatives, look at the positives. I still believe anybody in this country, has nearly unlimited possibilities. does not matter, color of skin, religion, sex, circumstances of birth.    

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=DaBurglar]
What is it about the USA that makes the world hate us so much?    

who said 'the world hate us so much', other than you? those are your words, your assertion. maybe you hate the usa.

if they hate us, why are millions trying to sneak in? folks like you said the world hated us because of bush, well he has been gone for almost 8 years. now, you say they still hate us. the left promised that with the current appeaser in chief, the world would again love us. what happened?

the world looks to us for leadership, like it or not. I could care less what Europe thinks about us. they are so screwed up, they are hardly an example to follow.

this country is not perfect, but we keep trying. racism, prejudice, unfairness, inequality exist everywhere. instead of concentrating on the negatives, look at the positives. I still believe anybody in this country, has nearly unlimited possibilities. does not matter, color of skin, religion, sex, circumstances of birth.    [/QUOTE]I AM RE_POSTING PART OF MY original post here to make my point in response to this  ridiculous post (latest example from notes1){QUOTE....again....}What is it about the USA that makes the world hate us so much?   
Because as we all know here, we are the "GOOD GUYS"  ...... right??  
How can so many people want to kill us......Or is it really "so
many people"???    Is it instead just a few who get way too much
attention and credit etc?     Are we really that disliked or is it a
perception problem stirred up by the media and other factions who
benefit by having a non stop litany of misery and death to present to
people......because we all know that NO ONE wants to read or look at a
website or TV show or a MOVIE that conveys the message "ALL is well
Today folks!  Peace out"  etc  {END QUOTE   again...}What is your problem?Do you see what I did there?    I asked a question (which is NOT the same as making a "STATEMENT" like you wrongly, or falsely, I dunno which, claim)   and then I juxtaposed it with the other side of the same question......for the purpose of ENGENDERING discussion and debate.Sertiously, how can you make such a BLATANTLY false and incorrect statement??   If you are THAT P'O'd debating and discussing on this forum, if it bothers you THAT much, that you feel you have no choice but to sling such hurtful and WRONG things, then stop debating and do something else.    Seriously, whatever "Name calling" you perceive I have done is NOT at all justification for what you just did here.....this is just WRONG.   Anyone with intelligence and honesty can see that what I wrote is NOT me saying "I HATE THE USA".....!!!!    Dont do that again.......tell me that I hate the USA.   Friggin ridiculous,,,,,,AND STUPID.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

and I defy you to show me where I said "the world hates us because of Bush".......never said that either.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

The guy who drove the truck into the parade viewers is now said to have "PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUES".....no kidding eh?I really hoped this thread would engender some serious discussion on the question.....I perhaps (PERHAPS) could have worded it a little more specifically, and said something like "WHY DO ISLAMIC RADICALS HATE the USA".......when I said "the world" I obviously meant those in the world who obviously hate us.   I didnt mean the entire world at large per se.....Obviously there are numerous peoples, nations, groups in the world who do in fact HATE US, that much cannot be denied.    And I want to know what everyone thinks are the specifci, non BS Non cliched reasons why......Why do Islamic Fundamentalists truly hate the US enough to wage incessant jihad against it?    Why does Iran truly hate the USA?     Why do many third world countries hate the USA?So far the only good response was OLDS442 simple one word answer:  JEALOUSY!And I agree with that as one partial definite reason why some in this world resent and hate the USA enough to want to blow stuff up and kill people.And please note...PLEASE:   I assumed we were all smart enough to KNOW the difference that simply pointing out the faults of a person, or a country or a group or organization, is NOT the same as saying "I HATE THEM"  or "I HATE YOU"likewise, pointing out the many glaring faults and contradictions and hypocrisies in the USA (its policies, practices, government, etc.)  by someone who is a legal tax paying productive citizen  is NOT an example of someone who HATES THE USA.   That is so moronic and preposterous and just plain wrong!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Saying they are jealous implies they want the things we have.  Nothing could be further from the truth.They dont want fancy cars, or large screen tvs.  They want a simple life ,where all are devout, everyone goes to church, children live with and respect their parents. They hate our lifestyles, they most certainly aren't jealous of them. I have spent many hours driving up to Turning Stone with a Pakistani Doctor, who held a Reserve Commission in the Pakinstani Army.  He told me when he first came to America as a graduate student he was shocked that everyone didn't casually sleep with each other. That's what he expected from watching our movies and television. He also was surprised how many churches there were. Again not what you see in movies. Lastly, he was stunned to see just how ugly normal people are.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Saying they are jealous implies they want the things we have.  Nothing could be further from the truth.They dont want fancy cars, or large screen tvs.  They want a simple life ,where all are devout, everyone goes to church, children live with and respect their parents. They hate our lifestyles, they most certainly aren't jealous of them. I have spent many hours driving up to Turning Stone with a Pakistani Doctor, who held a Reserve Commission in the Pakinstani Army.  He told me when he first came to America as a graduate student he was shocked that everyone didn't casually sleep with each other. That's what he expected from watching our movies and television. He also was surprised how many churches there were. Again not what you see in movies. Lastly, he was stunned to see just how ugly normal people are.
jealousy is not a catch all answer.....I submit some people in the world are jealous or envious of the USA's and the many aspects, things and principles in the society.     I was hoping someone would say the policy towards ISrael....I was hoping someone would say the Hypocrisy of USA foreign policy during the cold war when the USA supported a multitude of dictators all over the world simply because they were not COMMIES!   This caused a LOT of middle and lower (poor) class people in countries all over Asia, Africa and Latin America (central & south america)  to RESENT the USA (land of the free!)    In the case of IRAN, it all started in 1979 when we allowed the SHAH (our man in TEHRAN during the cold war) to make himself at home after the Ayatollah took over.there's two more "reasons".........doesn't anyone else out there have something?And please note, i am not saying I agree or support with these reasons....I do not think ANYONE should Hate the USA, but I understand if they do.