the speech

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

the speech

Post by notes1 »

I have never been one to be motivated, moved or get enthused by any speech. speeches are normally promises and I am more interested in results.

I/m/o, trumps speech was way too longggggg. could have cut it by a third. he got repetitive.

there were two items I welcomed, one mentioned and one not. first, there was no laundry list of freebees to get votes. second, and I admit I am not sure if it was in his or his daughters speech. the idea of each government agency needing to justify their very existence or at the very least, cutting each dept by a tiny percentage each year, which over time, adds up to real money. this just seems to make sense, each household and business, does the same thing. especially in times of financial difficulties.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I'm glad I don't live in trumps America. That sounds like a horrible place to live.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

There were definitely interesting cost cutting planks to at least consider. Of course, the length was epic. Shocking for any other candidate. But this showman never wants to leave the stage. 

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

I'm glad I don't live in trumps America. That sounds like a horrible place to live.

really glad life is treating you so well. but, if you are coal worker, who has lost their job because the industry has been regulated out of business, one might feel different. or, if you lost your job to an illegal immigrant, or lost a family member/friend to a terrorist attack, or lost a cop friend who was murdered, or maybe one had a loved one who was harmed by an illegal criminal who took refuge in a sanctuary city, or were an unemployed black youth, you might feel different. these people are also part of trumps America.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

The America trump described exists only in the mind of frightened little people. The statistics he claimed were facts were.either. cherry picked to give false impression o nd or outright lies. Crime is down in America, Police officer deaths are down, not up 50%, the number of Americans on food stamps is down, the percentage of Latinos in poverty is down. Almost every single thing he said pretty much wasn't correct.
But to frightened children of all ages, it's a scary world- one only he can fix. He isn't going to lower the crime rate, he is going to eliminate crime. And very, very soon. Just ask him.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Bill, if all that is true, why are the right track/wrong track poll numbers from every polling entity at histotically negative numbers. Even high among Dems.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Are they really? Look at them.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Just did. The last 3 polls, AP 19%RT, 79%WT,CBS 26%RT 69%WT, Economist/YouGov 24%RT, 70% WT.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

I think the AP poll, at -60 is historic or close to it. I think some people in the Democrat party don't believe these numbers and they could get burned badly in November if they blow it off.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Just did. The last 3 polls, AP 19%RT, 79%WT,CBS 26%RT 69%WT, Economist/YouGov 24%RT, 70% WT.

Now compare them to five, ten and twenty years ago.