Let's try something different....

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Let's try something different....

Post by DaBurglar »

....since this is indeed the "Anything/Everything" section, I have opted to share a story that is the opposite of what normally gets posted here (usually by people first and foremost LIKE ME).....When i see and read stories like this it snaps me back into a realistic and honest perspective on life and what is important, and what is NOT important or meaningless....When I get caught up sometimes in these online forum-based "Spats" or feuds, they tend to take on a life of their own, and before you know it, you end saying things you really do not mean, and then others do the same, and then suddenly it becomes "impossible" for one or more parties to simply just "DROP IT" and move on, etc etc etc.THE FOLLOWING story, or ARTICLE, is really what gets me going and represents what resides in my heart and what I WANT INSIDE my heart....I hope any and all reading it gets as much benefit as i do....http://www.globalanimal.org/2016/08/11/ ... s-forever/ When i read it ---->>>> & then   & back to  followed by more

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Oh, that is so sad...

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

If you found that kind of devotion in human that would be a true friend. Also the more people I meet the more I love my dogs.

JaxSax
Forum Rookie

Post by JaxSax »

Thanks for sharing, DaBurgar. Very touching...

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Dogs represent the qualities in humanity that we all want to be around, and to make manifest in ourselves.    Sadly, there are HUGE, powerful forces at work that prevent this and get in the way.....Unconditional love, loyalty, exuberance about LIFE itself...all these canine qualities are things I wish I had an abundance of in and around my life, and in my own heart.    But what is obvious in today's society, and the world at large, is a definite LACK of such things amongst humanity, and it is getting worse everyday....The lack of personal responsibility, lack of concern (basic no-cost concern) for fellow human beings, lack of basic morality, lack of the barest essentials for living (food, housing, education & healthcare), lack of natural affection in families, an abundance of many forms of violence in MANY parts of society and the world, an abundance of intolerance and HATRED, and worst of all......a spirit of hopelessness that sabotages even the BEST attempts to fix even the smallest of problems.As long as I have dogs to focus upon, however, I can survive it and at least, not make things WORSE (for myself or others).....Anyway, I would very much like for this thread to stay active and relevant....I started the ball rolling, PLEASE, everyone, post some dog related stories or pictures etc etc (or any pet or animal regardless of species) ..... it cannot hurt.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

I am not very computer savvy but if you want to see my dogs go to www.serenitycavaliers.com

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

we have had two pups at the same time, so they would always have their best friend nearby, for nearly 40 years of marriage. everything DB says about dogs is true.

these are my opinions and not meant to offend anyone. do not get a dog, unless one has the time, space(for certain sizes), the patience and affection for them. they need attention, caring, medical attention, understanding when they make a mess, they shed and they need exercise. dogs need/want discipline, but not cruelty. know what kind of dog suits your needs, they are not all the same. do not get a dog if one is never home or leave a dog on a rope or chain, they are defenseless. get your dog neutered.

do not buy a dog from a 'dog mill or factory'. there are wonderful dogs at the pound or rescue facilities. they can be terrific for kids, but children need to respect them.

dogs have a high pain threshold, they need humans to know when something is wrong and needs attention.

worst of all and every animal lover knows this, be prepared for that terrible day, when they need to be put to 'sleep'. it may very well be the worst day you have ever had. do not make them suffer.

I just wish I could steal edogs tag line, he is so right.

Lionqueen

Post by Lionqueen »

Edog - they are incredibly adorable.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Go ahead Notes I am willing to share. Your post was spot on and TY Queen they all think they are adorable also.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Dogs are incredible pets with very keen senses.  I'm not and have never been a pet over, per se; but I can remember three instances with three different sweet dogs that made me a believer...